Benzodiazepine Use in the United States FREE ONLINE FIRST

[Qu...]

Thanks, Qui. I agree with Morreweg. Having read numerous articles that spell out the problem and re-state and re-state and re-state it one more time, it really is time for action, isn't it?

There's no incentive on the part of physicians to take people off, and if the expectation is that unsuspecting patients will magically know that the medications have serious side effects and long-term consequences, then it's completely unfair. Patients must be informed BEFORE starting the medications in the first place.

And there should not be repeated prescriptions for months and months and months, thereby dooming a patient to dependence and withdrawal. Shouldn't all other options for insomnia and anxiety be explored and offered before a prescription to benzos? Shouldn't those options be accessible and affordable? Wouldn't that prevent some of these rising numbers that we keep reading studies about? Because it seems that rising numbers of prescriptions correlate with rising numbers of falls, fractures (and resulting immobility), motor vehicle accidents, reduced quality of life, etc., etc.

"First do no harm." I read that somewhere.

I finally found a benzo-wise doctor - a top guy at one of the country's top teaching hospitals. Finally I got confirmation of everything I've heard anecdotally through BB and other sites. 100%. He also confirmed our suspicion of negligence, profits over patients, the whole deal. He has a very hard time getting studies funded, papers published - lots of interference from on high. After all, big pharma is a major funder for this huge institution. Endowed chairs, and huge donations for buildings, etc. As government funding for education and research drops, the medical industry is filling the gap.

Interesting Tufts study below.

http://csdd.tufts.edu/files/uploads/tuftscsdd_academic-industry.pdf

And here's a good article on what Big Pharma spends to maintain their grasp on our economy.

http://www.drugwatch.com/manufacturer/

Qui, i can't even write cause i read the links, really pissed off now.

i knew it was bad, but this takes the cake, perplex.

Still, the good news is you found this Doctor, like winning a jack pot i suppose,

well done ! :)

What a fabulous wealth of information, Qui!!! Thanks so very much!!!

And talk about the marriage between the FDA and Big Pharma:"Big Pharma wields enormous influence over the prescription drug and medical device markets around the globe. In fact, in the United States, the industry contributes heavily to the annual budget of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which is charged with regulating drugs and devices made by those same companies."

Corruption is alive and well in the U.S., and people are suffering needlessly because of it. The FDA has become a puppet of Big Pharma.