Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Anyone updose and feel worse!

[Tr...]

I've trying to stabilize on my current dose of Klonopin .428mg twice a day, I've been holding for 34 days.  I did an updose today of .049mg and I feel even worse.  Has anyone felt worse after an updose?

TRY

Hi Try!

I did updose on the 15th this month but I actually felt better.

In your case I would go back to my previous dose and hold for a bit longer...In my opinion your updose for only one Day is going to make you feel much better! :)

Clon21,

Thank you for your reply.  Maybe I held too long and updosing is no longer effective.  I'm glad your updose worked for you.  I may try holding at my .428mg longer.

Again,

Thanks so much for you response.

Try

Clon21,

Thank you for your reply.  Maybe I held too long and updosing is no longer effective.  I'm glad your updose worked for you.  I may try holding at my .428mg longer.

Again,

Thanks so much for you response.

Try

Klonopin is strong, and updosing is always effective to me during the times that symptoms are unbearable.  Also, as we go down in our dosage, our tolerance is reversed, that is from my experience.

If you can hold until symptoms disappear, that is the best move.

If unbearable, I usually take a double dose (one time), then return to tapering the next day.

As I go below .5, things improve, slowly but I can feel it.  Much better than the time I was on 1 mg.

One thing I did not mention in my PM, was that I jumped from clonazepam and it went bad.....really bad. So I went back on to 0.25mg. Then after holding for a while I had to updose a tiny bit more so an extra 0.0625mg....I held on this for 4 months. I think I healed a lot when I did this. So that when I jumped for the last time on OCt 1st, I did not have that much healing to do. And in hindsight this makes so much sense to me, why not heal while you are still taking a small dose? So your body is not completely traumatized.... It's kind of like a mock jump! with an extra parachute!

A few times when I updosed and did not stabilize my dr had me updose some more and hold.  There really is no point in making yourself so miserable you can't continue........A break is a break....we all need them sometimes....and just because you are close to the end doesn't mean a break isn't warranted. My doctor used ot always say that healing is always taking place regardless..........so do what you have to do to reach the finish line. KNowing when to retreat and regroup and reevaluate is an integral part of most strategies....

Bama.xo

One thing I did not mention in my PM, was that I jumped from clonazepam and it went bad.....really bad. So I went back on to 0.25mg. Then after holding for a while I had to updose a tiny bit more so an extra 0.0625mg....I held on this for 4 months. I think I healed a lot when I did this. So that when I jumped for the last time on OCt 1st, I did not have that much healing to do. And in hindsight this makes so much sense to me, why not heal while you are still taking a small dose? So your body is not completely traumatized.... It's kind of like a mock jump! with an extra parachute!

A few times when I updosed and did not stabilize my dr had me updose some more and hold.  There really is no point in making yourself so miserable you can't continue........A break is a break....we all need them sometimes....and just because you are close to the end doesn't mean a break isn't warranted. My doctor used ot always say that healing is always taking place regardless..........so do what you have to do to reach the finish line. KNowing when to retreat and regroup is an integral part of most strategies....

Bama.xo

Yes, I agree with you....a break is a break... i call it timeout.  Why suffer, if it won't delay so much.

How are you doing Alabama?  No mild symptoms of any kind? 

A few times when I updosed and did not stabilize my dr had me updose some more and hold.  There really is no point in making yourself so miserable you can't continue........A break is a break....we all need them sometimes....and just because you are close to the end doesn't mean a break isn't warranted. My doctor used ot always say that healing is always taking place regardless..........so do what you have to do to reach the finish line. KNowing when to retreat and regroup is an integral part of most strategies....

Bama.xo

Yes, I agree with you....a break is a break... i call it timeout.  Why suffer, if it won't delay so much.

How are you doing Alabama?  No mild symptoms of any kind?

Honestly, things have never been better. I feel like myself and I have not felt like that in 4 years. I hoped I was buried somewhere under all the crap, and guess what I was! I was there all along . I have a few stomach issues still, my sleeping is still a bit weird but my brain is razor sharp and completely back to normal. So are my energy levels and memory recall. The muscle pain that crippled me for 2.5 years is gone, so is the burning skin and all over the place body temperature. My body odor was horrible and that is gone. Depression and anxiety...gone. Crippling fatigue...gone. Hypersensitivity to light, sound, touch all gone.

My symptoms still flare  during my  period............and I suspect that during times of stress this will also be the case for the next 18 months...as this is how long my doctor says it takes our CNS to heal and that stress will be a major contributor to flares  during that time. So I am sure I will have a few relapses and setbacks but hey it is what it is!  ;)

I really believe that all the holds and updoses and slow (I always did significant cuts though, I never did micro cuts, I just held a lot)  nature of my w/d are what worked for me.

Bama.xoxo .

I feel worse. Although when I updose it's usually for one day and it seems to happen by accident- new pills, miscalculated a cut (one time). I find it encouraging that my body is getting used to a lower dose but scared because I'm kind of trapped between withdrawal and not feeling well.