Can I do the titration method with Klonopin???????

[se...]

I am currently at .25 of 1mg tablet a  night. I recently tried doing .25 every other night and am experiencing withdrawal in between doses.

I have received suggestions not to do the every other night method as this may be increasing my withdrawal symptoms.

I do not have a psychiatrist as of Thanksgiving and I am looking for support in titrating off my remaining pills. Can I do liquid titration with Klonopin? I swear I read that you cant.. ?

There is no possible way to reduce by 10% of .25 with 1mg tablets. When it says to reduce by 10% is this referring to 10% of the dose I am taking, or of the entire tablet??

I have (7) 1mg tablets to work with.

Please help???!:?!?!?!?!?  :D:sick:

The answer is Yes, you can absolutely titrate K.  Putting it in full fat whole milk is an easy way.

But if you only have 7mg of K to work with that does not give you much time.  Can you get more?

Ok here is what I would do if I were you. You are breaking 1mg pills into a quarter to get 0.25mg right?

This is very hard to cut more from that pill without crumbling the pill. SO titration may be your only option. Luckily 0.25mg is not a huge dose. You would take you 0.25mg pill and put it into 28mg of milk. Shake it up and let it dissolve for 10 minutes or so.

Then give it a little shake. Take a clear syringe(this is one without a needle that you can get at any pharmacy) And on the first night you will remove 1mg of the 28mg's. Take the 1mg and get rid of it. Drink the remaining 27mg's.

The next day you will do the same thing. You will put a 0.25mg tablet in the milk. Shake and dissolve. Only on day 2 you will remove 2mg's of milk solution and dispose of it. Then drink the remaining 26mg's.

On day 3 you will remove 3mg's and drink 25mg's....etc.....until you are done......you will be making a new batch every day. Using 1 0.25mg tablet and 28 mg of milk.

Listen it is going to be tough to do this in 28 days. But if this is all you have then I think titrating will be your best option. You can do it! We will support you and help you get through this! It is good that at least you are not being forced to cold turkey so you will get through this , we will help get you there.

Bama.xoxo

Ok here is what I would do if I were you. You are breaking 1mg pills into a quarter to get 0.25mg right?

This is very hard to cut more from that pill without crumbling the pill. SO titration may be your only option. Luckily 0.25mg is not a huge dose. You would take you 0.25mg pill and put it into 28mg of milk. Shake it up and let it dissolve for 10 minutes or so.

Then give it a little shake. Take a clear syringe(this is one without a needle that you can get at any pharmacy) And on the first night you will remove 1mg of the 28mg's. Take the 1mg and get rid of it. Drink the remaining 27mg's.

The next day you will do the same thing. You will put a 0.25mg tablet in the milk. Shake and dissolve. Only on day 2 you will remove 2mg's of milk solution and dispose of it. Then drink the remaining 26mg's.

On day 3 you will remove 3mg's and drink 25mg's....etc.....until you are done......you will be making a new batch every day. Using 1 0.25mg tablet and 28 mg of milk.

Listen it is going to be tough to do this in 28 days. But if this is all you have then I think titrating will be your best option. You can do it! We will support you and help you get through this! It is good that at least you are not being forced to cold turkey so you will get through this , we will help get you there.

Bama.xoxo

Thank you!!

I can honestly say that, if I were in your shoes, I'd do whatever it took to get myself enough Klonopin to taper properly.

Hi Seahermit,

I agree with SG57. I do have a taper plan. I can post it to you, but having enough Klonopin to work with and getting the 0.5mg tablets would be the best plan. And that way you can choose which ever plan makes sense to you.

I wish you only the best,

Summer