Any problems using a different brand of milk?

[Ca...]

I just returned from a week away and had to use a different brand of whole milk. for the most part my holiday was low key, and I had not changed my daily cut rate, but did have to use a different brand of whole milk. I seemed to feel slightly off, with just ever so slight inner vibrations waking me in the morning, something that usually only occurs during my monthly cycle.

Was wondering if anyone else has ever had a problem when they have had to change brands of milk. I have another holiday planned in a few months in Jamaican, where I again will have a week using a different brand of milk.

Even though it was full fat homongized, it did seem to look thinner than the regular brand that I use.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

As long as its full fat, it won't matter.

Just FYI, even if you bought the same brand consecutive weeks, it will come from different cows, different farms, and often, different dairies.

Yes it was full fat, so you are right, it shouldn't matter. And very true about it being from different cows and farms, the one I currently use at home is from several area farms, though I just went out and purchased some for tomorrow, and noticed while both the milk I use now and the milk I use when I was away say 8 grams of fat, the one I usually use says 160 calories a cup, the one on my trip said 150 calories a cup. strange, I wonder why the 10 calorie difference. I also did notice when I just prepared my does, it does look creamier than the milk on my vacation but both say full fat.

Thanks for responding.

Do you remember what kind of milk it was? I have had the same issue and wondered the same thing.

In the Cayman Islands now and feeling off. Using same type of milk (mcarthurs) I used last vacation and felt same way.

Could easily be a wave triggered by stress of travel as well..

It was the full fat brand at Publix in Florida.

I spent half of the week in one location and the other half in another, so I knew I should buy the chain store brand to ensure I could get the same throughout my vacation.

I have a week in Jamaica coming up soon, and am slightly worried about it.

My mother pointed out that the cows eat different grass and are usually leaner. I live in New England and use a local brand of milk that gathers milk from all the local dairies, different cows but likely the same grass and diet.

I did a brief web search, and it almost looks like I can bring a cooler with me. It might be frowned on, but as long as it is not meats, fruit or vegetable, I think it looks like I could bring it with me.

So I am seriously thinking on it, to bring three cartons of milk, a bunch of Smartwater, as somewhere on here I have read it can help with inner vibrations, and also some of the Tart Cherry Juice I use, which is pure juice, not from concentrate.

I will feel a little silly packing it but I believe I am allowed 2 free bags, and I am seriously thinking of making one a cooler on wheels and to just strap it closed.

In the meantime, I dialed down my daily taper rate just a smidge as I am not sure if it was the rate, the recent stress of travel or the milk I had to switch to, or some combo.

But I know the milk certainly seemed thinner to me and no explanation as to why each cup had ten less calories.

The day in and day out of tapering is already such a handful, but the having to travel with milk sure does add a new twist.

Other option is switch to oraplus or vodka and water.

I plan on using oraplus next time so I don't need to worry about milk going bad- getting it- etc

Regardless- have a blast in Jamaica!!!

Thanks, I hope to.

I have been using the milk for about ten months, made many, many mistakes in the beginning, now for the most part have it down. So, at this point feel overwhelmed by the idea of switching. Back when I was first trying to get going I looked at the Oraplus, but it felt more confusing to me and I also did not like the idea of all of the extra ingredients in it.

But keep me posted on how it goes as I will likely still be tapering an will have a Europe trip in a year and a half and I don't think I will be done by then, so may look into it then.

Thanks for helping me feel like I was imagining that the milk seemed ever slightly different. Though I am sure it was a combo of things plus I am someone who has needed to go super, super slow, so notice very small changes.