Bringing milk dose on a plane

[Ca...]

Well tomorrow is the first of two trips I have planned for this winter, the first is in the states, the second outside the US.

I got my doctor to write my script to say Clonazepam to be taken twice a day and dissolved in milk.

I have it in small glass canning jars and plan to carry it on with me in a mini soft cooler with the actual glass/milk wrapped in bubble wrap and surrounded by these commercial freezable ice cubes.

Here's hoping they don't blink and eye. The airline told me verbally this would be okay??? We'll see, when I later emailed them for confirmation, they said to check the TSA website.

I thought when I land, I would just grab more ice from the airport until I get to where I am going.

But will report back in a week or so when I return to see if there were any problems.

If they refuse to let me take it on,

I am not sure what I will do, maybe take my second dose 12 hours early and hope for the best, unsure.

Or ditch it and try to remake the batch and hope that I measured out the two as equally as I could that morning before diving the two doses from my mixing jar and maybe just take a tad under what would be my estimated evening dose.

I think the main thing is to get your full dose, even if it is early or late.  It's just one dose so I don't think it will be a big deal if the timing is off.

Thanks SG57,

That was sort of my thinking. But hopefully they will just let me take it on the plane. Otherwise I will just take the dose early.

On my script this month I had my doc clearly write to be dissolved in milk for taper.

She doesn't care how long it takes, she is just glad that I am finding a way to get off of it and I periodically send her email updates as to my dosage. She also wrote me scripts at my request for syringes to get them a little cheaper and my insurance paid their portion. It was actually a different doc who wrote me the original script, without even seeing me in person after the death of my sibling. I was too upset at the time to even bother to look up the medication.

Thanking finding BB everyday otherwise I have no idea what I would have done, I can't handle the cut and hold taper.

You shouldn't have any problem. Your allowed to take up to 100ML of liquid on the plane. I have never been stopped w my milk dose. My concern is more how to ensure milk doesn't go bad.

Thanks Mark.

I plan to wrap the jar of milk in bubble wrap and then into a mini cooler with reusable ice, then once they have melted try to use zip locks with ice.

We'll see how it goes.

Only a three hour flight and then about three hours of travel.

8 hour flight to Jamaica in a few months, so this is sort of a dry run.

Thanks for letting me know you have had no problems.