Good article. Moderators, you may want to move this

[Sv...]

Ok folks, time and time again we've all heard from health care providers that the Ashton Manual is old, so we shouldn't be looking at it.

Here is a link to a fairly recent journal paper on benzo withdrawal. I wish I would have had this prior to my first attempt to get off these pills!

Enjoy, and happy healing!

http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sherry_Stewart/publication/222680049_A_Self-[He...]/links/0fcfd50d07ab5eca38000000

Can't seem to get it unless you have a .edu email.

But asked my GP and Pdox - maybe they can get it, although it's about Panic Disorder, which I thankfully don't have so far. It might have some good general wisdom, though.

Thanks for the link.

Hey Qui, try clicking on the right-hand side where it mentions the FULL TEXT. It worked for me. Then it offered me the option to download it, and I can save it as an Adobe file.

Svenhoak, thanks for sharing this article. It's very good! I'm still making my way through it, but I'm so pleased to see an article on this topic.

"Among chronic BZ users, the reported incidence of withdrawal symptoms on

discontinuation is estimated at between 40% and 100%"

sound like these guys knew their stuff ........ back in 1990  :(

I've seen such a range of statistics on that issue. Some say that very few get symptoms and others say many do. I think that such articles can be useful for anyone who wants to share information with others, including medical professionals, family and friends.