2012 Toronto Star article: "How anti-anxiety meds are killing celebrities"

[La...]

This is an excellent article about the effects of benzodiazepines! It includes benzo stats from both sides of the Canada-US border, a reference to the Ashton Manual, and the use of the phrase "excruciatingly painful" when referring to withdrawal (i.e. at the end of the article). Highly recommended reading.

http://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness/2012/03/02/how_antianxiety_meds_are_killing_celebrities.html

Good article, but the doc says valium is good for alcoholics, yet soon after the article says

benzos shouldn't be given to people who have addictions.

But this article will reach many, due to it being about movie stars.

Sorry to be incoherent. I'm withdrawing...

Iggy

Benzodiazepines are used for alcohol withdrawal to prevent the serious repercussions that can happen if a heavy drinker is forced to stop cold-turkey. It's used in-hospital, under supervision.

This is an excellent article about the effects of benzodiazepines! It includes benzo stats from both sides of the Canada-US border, a reference to the Ashton Manual, and the use of the phrase "excruciatingly painful" when referring to withdrawal (i.e. at the end of the article). Highly recommended reading.

http://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness/2012/03/02/how_antianxiety_meds_are_killing_celebrities.html

Thanks for sharing  :). I have used "excruciating" in so many post I can't begin to tell you.

I've used the word "excruciating" a lot also during this ordeal.

Thanks so much, Lapis, for all of these articles! What a wealth of information!

I'm puzzled that with all the benzo use by celebrities, it's not something that has been looked at with much, if any, alarm. I've even heard shouts of "take your Xanax!" on some reality shows (which I've watched plenty of while in w/d).