When did this Vodka thing start happening? I'm confused

[a7...]

[a7...]

Ok guys, this is going to be stupid because obviously this is working for people.  This is the first time I have seen people using Vodka on here, but I have not been on this board in a year.  However,  ;D how does this work?  Aren't you drinking Vodka?  Man that would kill me.  Does it go away like dissipate or what?  I'm sorry but I don't understand and I can't use milk at all. I can't have anything sulphur. 

Thanks,

Cappi :smitten:

[a7...]

Also I wanted to say that I used to have mine compounded 

Just raw k and a filler I'm not allergic to

Last year  I used water and had no problem

I went back to the regular k and I'm very very unstable

Could the compounded make a difference it's already finely finely crushed

Thanks

Ok guys, this is going to be stupid because obviously this is working for people.  This is the first time I have seen people using Vodka on here, but I have not been on this board in a year.  However,  ;D how does this work?  Aren't you drinking Vodka?  Man that would kill me.  Does it go away like dissipate or what?  I'm sorry but I don't understand and I can't use milk at all. I can't have anything sulphur. 

Thanks,

You can easily dissolve 1 mg valium in 1 ml vodka.  Taking 1 ml of vodka (approx .4 ml alcohol) would hardly be considered "drinking" vodka.  I am a recovering alcoholic, 25+ years sober, and would have absolutely no reservations about using the vodka method for tapering.

Alcohol is widely used  as a solvent for many liquid meds and other oral pharmaceutical products.  Several pharma-grade liquid benzo formulations are available in alcohol solutions.

Using vodka actually isn't new. I've been on BB for over 2 years and there were people using it when I first came here. I was very much a clueless newbie back then so it's a method I didn't consider for a long time. I initially used whole milk to titrate, and then I switched to pharma grade liquid valium, but in the last few months of my taper I switched to using vodka and I have to say I wish I had started using it from the beginning. The advantage with vodka is that there is no "use by date" like there can be with pharma grade LV or milk.

As builder said, you only use a tiny amount (usually 1ml per 1mg valium) and then you top up with water to the full amount you want to use. In my case I topped up with 99ml of water, so I was using 100ml to titrate 1mg valium.

Does vodka also dissolve .50mg clonazepam. If so how much vodka is needed.

It would probably work fine, but I don't know of anybody who has tried using alcohol with K.

A very important thing to remember is that "alcohols" are NOT pure alcohol.  They are alcohol/water mixtures and that affects solubility a great deal.  If you try this you want to use a high proof.  The higher the better.  I have data that shows 80 proof alcohol will dissolve up to .6mg K per ml, yet 1ml of 180 proof will dissolve 6.2mg!!  Ten times more!

Does it have to be Vodka or will any hard alcohol work say Bacardi 151 proof.

I think any proof like 151 would be great.  That's near peak solubility.  Everclear sells a 150 proof grain alcohol that others are using for Ativan, but I don't see why Bacardi 151 would not work just as well.