Scared to milk taper

[tr...]

I think milk taper is the route for me , but I'm scared to do it , have read on here about people switching and having a major hit , I have struggled coming down on a dry cut of 0.25 mg let alone a milk of 1mg .help please .

A way to offset the possibility of a hit is to take some extra when the switch is made.  For example, instead of switching to your current dose you could switch to your current dose plus 5% or 10%.

When you are ready to begin tapering start very slowly and show yourself that nothing bad happens.  Then as you gain confidence you can pick it up a little.  Also remember you are not jumping off a cliff.  You can always stop, go back, or try something else.

I think milk taper is the route for me , but I'm scared to do it , have read on here about people switching and having a major hit , I have struggled coming down on a dry cut of 0.25 mg let alone a milk of 1mg .help please .

...and you have also read on here about MANY people finding this is a very easy, manageable way to taper off benzos, especially at lower doses.

I agree with builder. For every one person who says they took a hit there will be many more who are doing very well on a milk taper. There is also no guarantee that the people who took a hit were actually affected by the milk taper. There were many times during my taper where I was positive something had caused a hit, but in highsight it was really just me being impatient and trying to taper too quickly, and not listening to what my body was telling me.

One solution to your fears is to start making your milk mixture, but don't start reducing for at least a week. Then when you feel more confident start reducing very slowly (say just reduce by 1ml per day) until you build up enough confidence to try increasing it a bit more.

Another solution is to updose back to 4mg and that will cover any side effect you might feel. It's no big deal to go back a bit. Sometimes to go forward you need to go backwards a little bit.