Advise on milk please

[tr...]

Hi will the tablet dissolve in milk or does it need to be crushed . ? Is it correct the mixture should be used after it has sat for a while . ? Sorry I know I need to drink the mixture for a while on full dose scared I will have bad withdrawals . Thanks Tragaz

I think that depends on your generic brand.  Some pills seem to break apart easily just by dropping them in, while others need help.

As for the time, dissolving does not happen instantly, so some time is required, but how much is the question.  And mixing is also needed.  Making it the night before and letting it sit and mix overnight is a good idea.

The valium tablets I used to use (Antenex brand) broke down very quickly, like within seconds. You could experiment by dropping one in some water to see how long it takes to break down. If it takes a while, then crushing it a little might be a good idea. Just be careful with crushing. The one time I tried doing it, I didn't have a proper pill crusher, and bit of the tablet flung itself on to the floor and I couldn't find it, so I had to discard the whole tablet because I didn't have the full amount.

I used to make up my batch the day before and leave it overnight in the fridge. You could probably use it straight away though, but leaving it for a while to "soak" is probably a good idea.

Ps ..... just remember that your tablet won't completely dissolve - as in totally disappearing. You will see tablet particles in the liquid, but that's not valium. That's just the fillers in the tablet, and they won't dissolve no matter how much you stir the mixture.

There will isn't any reason to be worried about this. When you think about it, all you are doing is taking a portion of your dose with some milk. This is the way many people would normally take their tablets anyway. There really isn't anything out of the norm to get usied to.

However, if you are really worried all you have to do is put the valium into the milk and drink it. Don't reduce anything for at least a week. That will give you a chance to get used to that part of the process and it will help your body used to the new method.

Another option would be to go back up to 4mg, and start the milk titration from there. I know that is a backward step, but only by a couple of weeks, and if it makes you feel more confident that you aren't going to get hit, it might be worth it. That updose should cover any s/x you may feel by using the milk.

It's a silly thing that a couple of us on the valium support thread came up with - also known as "fumes".

It just basically means that for the final few days/weeks you just dip the syringe into the mixture and lick it off. It's probably overkill, but it could also help get the body used to not getting any more valium at all.