Hello Benzos

[Ni...]

Hey Nitro,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! You've come to a great place if you are seeking suppport to come off of a benzo! Just curious as to how many mg of Nitrazepam you are on and how many times a day that you take it?? Have you ever tried to taper before or is this your first time? If you want a great read about benzos, withdrawals, and tapering, the Ashton Manual is really good. Here is the link for it:

www.http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/index.htm

If you would like, share about your experience and if you have any questions or want us to come up with a tapering schedule for you, just let us know....

Lori :smitten:

I am trying to kick Nitrazepam; kinda tuff. I think your site will help. Thank you.

Hi Nitro,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!! We recommend cutting approximately 10% off your total daily dose every 7-14 days depending on how you are feeling. Since Nitrazepam only comes in 5mg and 10mg tablets, it may be difficult to make small enough reductions. You may want to consider doing titration. Here is a link to the description...http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=6393.msg61329#msg61329  Have a look around and let us know what you decide and how we can help you!

T2 :smitten:

I am trying to kick Nitrazepam; kinda tuff. I think your site will help. Thank you.

Hey Nitro, welcome to BB!

I have not a clue what Nitrazepam is, but if it ends in "pam" I have a feeling it's not something I want to try!

I wish you the best on your taper!  We are all around even if you just need someone to talk to!  :)

Phyllis

Thank all of yall for your quick response! I downloaded the Ashton Manual and find what I have perused so far to be quite enlightening. I have been taking Nitrazepam steadily for about a month at 2.5 to 5mg. per day. I have tapered to 1.25 mg. but feel very bad; depressed and depersonalized...Anyone know anything to take to help? I have read about St. John's Wort.......Please reply if you have knowledge of this herb or any other MILD anti-depressants.  Thanks Again, Nitro.

Thank all of yall for your quick response! I downloaded the Ashton Manual and find what I have perused so far to be quite enlightening. I have been taking Nitrazepam steadily for about a month at 2.5 to 5mg. per day. I have tapered to 1.25 mg. but feel very bad; depressed and depersonalized...Anyone know anything to take to help? I have read about St. John's Wort.......Please reply if you have knowledge of this herb or any other MILD anti-depressants.   Thanks Again, Nitro.

Hi Nitro,

You may find some info by using our search box located in the upper right hand corner. Just click "forum" before typing anything in the search box.

T2 :smitten:

Hey Nitro,

Wish I could suggest a magic pill that would make benzo withdrawals go away!! It's really the kind of thing you have to go thru to get thru it. Some on here are/were on an antidepressant while tapering, but still go thru withdrawals. Withdrawals are signs that our bodies are healing from the effects of the benzos; GABA receptors stabilizing!! You can do a SEARCH at the top of the screen and see other's experiences with St. John's Wort. Type this word in and press search. I believe Sugarlily uses it and has gotten help from it post benzos?? Others take various supplements, teas, Tylenol pm, etc. to "help", but again, there is nothing that will completely take the symptoms away.  :'(

Thank all of yall for your quick response! I downloaded the Ashton Manual and find what I have perused so far to be quite enlightening. I have been taking Nitrazepam steadily for about a month at 2.5 to 5mg. per day. I have tapered to 1.25 mg. but feel very bad; depressed and depersonalized...Anyone know anything to take to help? I have read about St. John's Wort.......Please reply if you have knowledge of this herb or any other MILD anti-depressants.   Thanks Again, Nitro.

Hey Nitro,

Regarding the St Johns Wort....  Just recently I read that in people with MILD depression it is recommended, but for anyone with moderate to severe depression it is NOT recommended at ALL!  I honestly have no clue how benzo depression fits in to that.  I guess it depends on what degree the depression is bothering you as to whether to take it or not.

I personally have avoided it!  Just my 2 cents!  :)

Phyllis

Hey Nitro,

welcome to benzobuddies, you can definitely kick the benzos, just get a good taper plan going and eventually you shall be benzo free.

:yippee:!!! Just finished reading Chapter III of the Ashton Manual. I find Ms. Ashton to be very astute, intelligent and somewhat humorous at times. I think that by following her advise I shall be able to free myself from the benzo chains that have imprisoned my brain. Thanks again for your help, Nitro from Texas !!!!!!!!!!! :angel:

Yes, the Ashton Manual is wonderful!! I copy and paste from it a lot and read from it a ton. Knowledge is power and knowing all about these benzos will definately help a person with tapering and withdrawals. Glad you are enjoying it and your attitude is soooo positive!!! Positivity goes a long way when it comes to beating the benzos!!

Hi Nitro,

I'm reading your post and want to advise you to definitely NOT take SJW.  It will make your W/D worse.  I am trying to taper off it now while continuing a diazepam taper.  It occupies the same pathway as the benzo and it is an "inducer" which makes the benzo's leave your body faster and you will have more W/D.  I think it is like "shooting yourself in the foot." 

Some things that help, IMO, are 5-HTP, Passion Flower, Skullcap, Valerian, GABA and a slow taper. 

Best wishes to you,

Buffy

:yippee:!!! Just finished reading Chapter III of the Ashton Manual. I find Ms. Ashton to be very astute, intelligent and somewhat humorous at times. I think that by following her advise I shall be able to free myself from the benzo chains that have imprisoned my brain. Thanks again for your help, Nitro from Texas !!!!!!!!!!! :angel:

That's a big state!    I'm in the southeast part!  :)

I still have no more knowledge than before about the SJW, but I think I'd take Buffy's opinion just in case!

Phyllis    :smitten:

I googled about St. John's Wort after I took my last benzo. What I read made me a bit leary and I decided that it wasn't for me. I have learned that I need to research medication/herbs/supplements on my own to find out if the pros outweigh the cons.

Jeez.  I thought I was posting on Nitro's blog.  Lori, I think I started a blog, now I need a buddy's space where It's for socializing.  Can you lead me there please?  Thanks.  MM