Anyone have a positive experience at an inpatient detox center?

[Fr...]

Anyone go to an inpatient detox center and it not be a hellish experience as so often described. I have no problem being treated like an addict.

My question is geared more towards has anyone left a detox center in decent shape? Maybe not 100% but feeling pretty well. I've tried long drawn out tapers, ended me in a psychiatric ward for a week with Akathisia. I'm not looking to get off immediately but I figure eventually I will and I have decided that a medically supervised detox would be the best option, despite the popular opinion on here.

I'm looking for those who went to detox centers and don't regret it.

Anyone go to an inpatient detox center and it not be a hellish experience as so often described. I have no problem being treated like an addict.

My question is geared more towards has anyone left a detox center in decent shape? Maybe not 100% but feeling pretty well. I've tried long drawn out tapers, ended me in a psychiatric ward for a week with Akathisia. I'm not looking to get off immediately but I figure eventually I will and I have decided that a medically supervised detox would be the best option, despite the popular opinion on here.

I'm looking for those who went to detox centers and don't regret it.

Hi, i have come across two persons here on BB , who did'nt regret it. However , they did a taper

and went to detox for the last jump.

All others, like myself regret it. i was ok at the detox place, treated well and everything.

but they had no f clue about Benzos.

went home after detox in fairly good shape, booked a flight to London for x-mas.

it took 6 weeks from the time coming off this poison, to start my hellish experience.

got hit by a Tsunami, licked the streets of hell, slowly started to heal and recover.

its not over yet.......it will take me more than 3 years to recover, if i am lucky.

I'd say NO, not worth taking the risk. :)

I know that you are looking for positive experiences, but I just want to share that I went through a horrific withdrawal after going through a detox center. In my opinion detox center can work well with alcohol and opiates because the withdrawal happens while you are still there. In the case of benzodiazepines the withdrawal really begins once you leave. I would encourage you to continue to taper to help minimize the severity of withdrawal symptoms.

Meh nah I'm not looking to get off anytime soon. I'll use the Klonopin as long as it works. I tried for 6 months to taper off of Valium and ended up in a behavioral unit of a hospital with severe akathisia. I tapered at a slow rate, 6months for 3mg .5mg/month and still experienced this. went from 9mg to 6mg over 6 months, didn't have a symptomless taper at all.

If I do decide to taper again, it'll be under the instruction of a good doctor, hopefully there will be better ways to get off by then. As for now, I still have severe anxiety and the klonopin helps so fuck it!

Thanks for the responses. Wish ya'll luck.

I don't regret my detox, but I was not in an addiction based detox center, I was in an academic psych dept of high quality with a primary diagnosis of depression. I was never treated like an addict because I WASNT. Not so sure about community detox for benzos. More support may be needed.

I tapered with my Dr then jumped off 7mg in a private psych/rehab hospital.  I was treated with dignity and respect, met some amazing people who are both accidental and by their own hand addicts.  Learnt a lot about the brain in addiction and have a complete understanding from many perspectives. 

If I had my time over would I do it again Yes!!!!  I was very sick my whole taper and did not ever stabilise on Valium, it was the right decision for ME.

I do not recommend what I did.

Yes I am still in withdrawal but so much better than I was. 

If there are any Australians reading this who are genuine, wish to taper however are having trouble finding a benzo wise Dr and trained health care professionals.    Feel free to pm me for contacts in all states.

Cheers.

[bc...]

Meh nah I'm not looking to get off anytime soon. I'll use the Klonopin as long as it works. I tried for 6 months to taper off of Valium and ended up in a behavioral unit of a hospital with severe akathisia. Strongly suspect that was w/d that you were experiencing.

I tapered at a slow rate, 6months for 3mg .5mg/month and still experienced this. went from 9mg to 6mg over 6 months, didn't have a symptomless taper at all. Again more than likely w/d. Some people don't have symptomless tapers.

If I do decide to taper again, it'll be under the instruction of a good doctor, hopefully there will be better ways to get off by then. As for now, I still have severe anxiety and the klonopin helps so fuck it!

Again classic example of a benzo causing or worsening any pre-existing anxiety.

Wish you luck too

Meh nah I'm not looking to get off anytime soon. I'll use the Klonopin as long as it works. I tried for 6 months to taper off of Valium and ended up in a behavioral unit of a hospital with severe akathisia. Strongly suspect that was w/d that you were experiencing.

I tapered at a slow rate, 6months for 3mg .5mg/month and still experienced this. went from 9mg to 6mg over 6 months, didn't have a symptomless taper at all. Again more than likely w/d. Some people don't have symptomless tapers.

Again classic example of a benzo causing or worsening any pre-existing anxiety.

Wish you luck too

It WAS withdrawal that I was experiencing, genius.  However, severe akathisia is not a tolerable symptom of withdrawal for me. As for benzos worsening anxiety, probably all hogwash. The only "worsening" of anxiety might be because you were dependent on the benzos to keep your anxiety in check. If you're either unaware or unprepared to deal with an anxiety disorder - it's going to take you years and years to "heal". For those who never had a panic attack, or anxiety prior to tapering - I'd argue that the taper itself is a harrowing process in which you predispose yourself to future anxiety disorders.

I'd ask that this thread be deleted.

Not meaning to be sarcastic but Chris Brown just finished up a detox for Xanax and that syrup shit they use and Aaron Carter also,,idk what kind of rehad they used but it seems to have helped them,,I mean if money was no option Betty Ford has a benzo program and Paridise in Arizona I believe

[6b...]

Not meaning to be sarcastic but Chris Brown just finished up a detox for Xanax and that syrup shit they use and Aaron Carter also,,idk what kind of rehad they used but it seems to have helped them,,I mean if money was no option Betty Ford has a benzo program and Paridise in Arizona I believe

Betty Ford yanks you off benzos. My first rehab for benzos I went to a lady told me a story of a kid who got taken off Klonopin at Betty Ford while she was there and ran into traffic :( I had that stuck in my head the entire time I was there.

Betty Ford yanks you off benzos. My first rehab for benzos I went to a lady told me a story of a kid who got taken off Klonopin at Betty Ford while she was there and ran into traffic :( I had that stuck in my head the entire time I was there.

I'm sure that's true.

I just read that the woman who wrote the blog Xanax makes me a better mommy tappered off Xanax because of its "addictive" qualities,,duh,,didn't say how she struggled