Hope Realized

[ho...]

Hi Hope!

oh, i am so happy to be reading your success story! i'm so glad you came back to let us know how you're doing! i hope it keeps getting better and better for you too.

i am still suffering pretty badly. although i am having very little improvements, i do still have some pretty severe brain symptoms that make me feel scared that it will always be this way. my head literally goes all the way over to the left side and just pulls and squeeze's still here at the 27 month mark. although i am 31 months since the c/t. i count my time from the last rescue dose.

anyway, i am still alive. ;D  and just hoping that one day all these symptoms will lift. of course i feel like i am the only one that must have these horrible brain symptoms and no one else has them. i feel like i "blew" out a portion of my brain. i just hope it's healing.

anyway, so happy to hear that you are doing well. :)

love, Pretty

Awesome! Adding this to the Protracted Success Stories link on the Protracted board!

Thanks FG!  I didn't know there was such a board. 

Hi Hope!

oh, i am so happy to be reading your success story! i'm so glad you came back to let us know how you're doing! i hope it keeps getting better and better for you too.

i am still suffering pretty badly. although i am having very little improvements, i do still have some pretty severe brain symptoms that make me feel scared that it will always be this way. my head literally goes all the way over to the left side and just pulls and squeeze's still here at the 27 month mark. although i am 31 months since the c/t. i count my time from the last rescue dose.

anyway, i am still alive. ;D  and just hoping that one day all these symptoms will lift. of course i feel like i am the only one that must have these horrible brain symptoms and no one else has them. i feel like i "blew" out a portion of my brain. i just hope it's healing.

anyway, so happy to hear that you are doing well. :)

love, Pretty

Hello Dear Pretty,

I am so sorry to hear that you are still experiencing the brain symptoms. How frightening, yet you bravely move through each day... one at a time.  I know you are taking very good care of yourself and are always on the look out for something healthy that will help.  Your diligence will pay off.  The body is remarkable in it's ability to heal. 

((((((HUGS)))))) 

I used to meditate on all of us who are suffering around the world with this healing holding hands in a huge human chain of love for each other and healing energies moving through all of us.  I hope you are able to tap into healing energy and your suffering will end soon.

XOX

Hi hope65,

Amazing I just saw that you posted the success story. Congratulations, you sure have come a really long way and on the other side.

Makes me very happy to see this!

All the best to you and your continued healing.

Hi hope65,

Amazing I just saw that you posted the success story. Congratulations, you sure have come a really long way and on the other side.

Makes me very happy to see this!

All the best to you and your continued healing.

Thank you Milan,

You have been a most excellent partner during this journey.

I wish you all the best also.... much love, happiness and many healthy days!!

XOX

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure I've ented on this story yet but it's so wonderfully hopeful!! Just what I needed to read today  :smitten:

Hi Angelprint,

I just stopped in this evening to check on a few friends and saw you posted to my success story.  I read your sig line.  I am so very sorry for what you experienced.  Your story is so common as you probably know from being on this site.  I wish you many good days ahead.  You deserve a happy, healthy life and to enjoy your little one.

Stay strong and do be patient with your journey through benzo hell.  Even though it seems like it never will, it does get better.

XOX

Awww thank you so much Hope!! You made my day  :smitten: It means so much to me that you replied and thank you so much for your encouragement and hope!! I am trying to be as patient as possible and yes I have found so many unfortunately similar stories on this site. It's so sad and truly horrible. I wish I had known what these drugs do. I wish there was a way that they would be made illegal except in one dose usages to stop seizures in emergency patients. But they should not be allowed to be prescribed to people. Thank you again so very much, and I wish you a wonderful life!! I am so happy for you that you are free!!!  :smitten: I hope I will join you in that freedom from this nightmare one day too!!

Dear Hope, all I can say is how happy I am that you are healed. You and I traveled this journey when things were pretty rough and here we both are off the benzo and you are healed and I am soon to be. This is cause for celebration. Cheers to you my friend, may everything you ever dreamed of or hoped for come true. Big hugs for you sweet hope.

Love you

Jackie :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
  Hey Hope just stopping in to say hi ! I really hope you are enjoying life to the fullest.. I myself have had some improvement but not better yet  :(..  I did have a window that lasted for 3 weeks but now I am in a wave, BUT nothing like what we have already been through..    Well a little more time and I am sure I will be better soon, You helped me so much through our toughest times, xoxo  Maureen

Hey Moe

Glad to hear that you are doing better. I have a question.  When you say a 3 week window do you mean symptom free? I have been having some time that my sleep almost feels normal and after the morning depression passes I usually have fairly good days but I can't say that I have ever had a symptom free day.

Hey hope thanks for stopping by and saying hi on my blog a while back. I am still hanging in there.

Love Carol

Sorry to say Carol, I have never felt symptom free but close.. I could do pretty much anything I wanted to. my feet would still burn and when I get tired still have rocky boat feeling, but I could live with it if that is all I had. Now I am back to headaches, dizzy , rocky boat, weak, and feeling really down. All these things aren't as bad as they use to be so hoping everything fades away Soon !!!  Carol nice to see that your days are fairly good, hopefully they will be  symptom free soon..  :)

Hi Hope!!!

I haven't been on BB for several months but decided to check in today and saw your SUCCESS STORY!!!! I am so happy that you have made it to the other side!!!  I can't tell you how much your support meant to be in my darkest and most horrific days of BW. I hope we can stay in touch through BB. :)  Even though we have never met, I can tell you are such a kind, warm, brave and STRONG person!

I hope your remaining dizziness fades away over time. I am so happy you are enjoying your life once again! :)

Tina :)

((((TINA))))))

So good to hear from you.  Yes, finally I made it.  I am living my life again.  Skating, working, loving it all...

How are you?  Please tell me you are doing much better also. 

XOX

So happy for you Hope! Wow you're skating again! Wonderful!!! How long did you deal with dizziness? Did it effect your balance? That's my worst symptom coupled with weak legs.

Glad you're back to life!

• 4 weeks later...

Good Morning Buddies,

Hi Carol and Moe -- thanks for dropping by.  I'm so glad to hear that you are both progressing.  Great news!!

I came down with the flu last week and for a day the beast came back to visit!!!  :(  it was really scary but passed within 24 hours.  I'm not too surprised as I do believe that it will be a while until my nervous system is fully 100% healed.

Hello LovingMother -- I am so sorry to hear of your struggles;  it is a nightmare living through this healing process.  it takes sooooo long and the ups and downs are maddening. 

Dizziness was one of my worst (although there were so many...)  There were many days I had to hold onto walls and furniture to navigate my home.  I couldn't drive for years.  Sometimes it was so bad I couldn't be a passenger in a car.  It is my lingering symptom, although much, much less and definitely livable.  Most times I don't notice it.  It comes when I lay down or sit up or if I move in certain ways.  I expect it to dissolve away over the next months or years.  It puts a dent in my skating though :)  imagine a figure skater without spins!  Oh well.  I feel lucky to have gotten through benzo hell with only this. 

Please be patient with yourself.  Know that your body is capable of healing.  Give it time and good food and positive thoughts.  Even in the darkest of dark moments, know that you will heal.  It does happen. 

XOX

Good Morning Buddies,

Hi Carol and Moe -- thanks for dropping by.  I'm so glad to hear that you are both progressing.  Great news!!

I came down with the flu last week and for a day the beast came back to visit!!!  :(  it was really scary but passed within 24 hours.  I'm not too surprised as I do believe that it will be a while until my nervous system is fully 100% healed.

Hello LovingMother -- I am so sorry to hear of your struggles;  it is a nightmare living through this healing process.  it takes sooooo long and the ups and downs are maddening. 

Dizziness was one of my worst (although there were so many...)  There were many days I had to hold onto walls and furniture to navigate my home.  I couldn't drive for years.  Sometimes it was so bad I couldn't be a passenger in a car.  It is my lingering symptom, although much, much less and definitely livable.  Most times I don't notice it.  It comes when I lay down or sit up or if I move in certain ways.  I expect it to dissolve away over the next months or years.  It puts a dent in my skating though :)  imagine a figure skater without spins!  Oh well.  I feel lucky to have gotten through benzo hell with only this. 

Please be patient with yourself.  Know that your body is capable of healing.  Give it time and good food and positive thoughts.  Even in the darkest of dark moments, know that you will heal.  It does happen. 

XOX

Thank you Hope, I will give it time. It is a hard symptom...very hard. But you skating again gave me a lot of hope! I know you can't do the fancy twirls...yet...but its coming...it really is!

I have to keep in mind that my body is healing...it really is.  :smitten: