Author Topic: Hope Realized  (Read 7664 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Hope Realized
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 11:00:58 pm »
Thanks [...]. Yours too.
Love Carol
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2015, 11:07:10 pm »
Hi Hope!!!

I haven't been on BB for several months but decided to check in today and saw your SUCCESS STORY!!!! I am so happy that you have made it to the other side!!!  I can't tell you how much your support meant to be in my darkest and most horrific days of BW. I hope we can stay in touch through BB. :)  Even though we have never met, I can tell you are such a kind, warm, brave and STRONG person!

I hope your remaining dizziness fades away over time. I am so happy you are enjoying your life once again! :)

[...] :)
(((([...]))))))
So good to hear from you.   Yes, finally I made it.  I am living my life again.  Skating, working, [...] it all...

How are you?   Please tell me you are doing much better also.   
XOX

So happy for you Hope! Wow you're skating again! Wonderful!!! How long did you deal with dizziness? Did it effect your balance? That's my worst symptom coupled with weak legs.

Glad you're back to life!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2015, 01:52:59 pm »
Good Morning Buddies,
Hi Carol and [...] -- thanks for dropping by.  I'm so glad to hear that you are both progressing.  Great news!!

I came down with the flu last week and for a day the beast came back to visit!!!  :(  it was really scary but passed within 24 hours.  I'm not too surprised as I do believe that it will be a while until my nervous system is fully 100% healed.

Hello [...] -- I am so sorry to hear of your struggles;  it is a nightmare living through this healing process.  it takes sooooo long and the ups and downs are maddening. 
Dizziness was one of my worst (although there were so many...)  There were many days I had to hold onto walls and furniture to navigate my home.  I couldn't drive for years.  Sometimes it was so bad I couldn't be a passenger in a car.  It is my lingering symptom, although much, much less and definitely livable.  Most times I don't notice it.  It comes when I lay down or sit up or if I move in certain ways.  I expect it to dissolve away over the next months or years.  It puts a dent in my skating though :)  imagine a figure skater without spins!  Oh well.  I feel lucky to have gotten through benzo hell with only this. 
Please be patient with yourself.  Know that your body is capable of healing.  Give it time and good food and positive thoughts.  Even in the darkest of dark moments, know that you will heal.  It does happen. 

XOX

[Buddie]

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2015, 02:37:00 pm »
Good Morning Buddies,
Hi Carol and [...] -- thanks for dropping by.  I'm so glad to hear that you are both progressing.  Great news!!

I came down with the flu last week and for a day the beast came back to visit!!!  :(  it was really scary but passed within 24 hours.  I'm not too surprised as I do believe that it will be a while until my nervous system is fully 100% healed.

Hello [...] -- I am so sorry to hear of your struggles;  it is a nightmare living through this healing process.  it takes sooooo long and the ups and downs are maddening. 
Dizziness was one of my worst (although there were so many...)  There were many days I had to hold onto walls and furniture to navigate my home.  I couldn't drive for years.  Sometimes it was so bad I couldn't be a passenger in a car.  It is my lingering symptom, although much, much less and definitely livable.  Most times I don't notice it.  It comes when I lay down or sit up or if I move in certain ways.  I expect it to dissolve away over the next months or years.  It puts a dent in my skating though :)  imagine a figure skater without spins!  Oh well.  I feel lucky to have gotten through benzo hell with only this. 
Please be patient with yourself.  Know that your body is capable of healing.  Give it time and good food and positive thoughts.  Even in the darkest of dark moments, know that you will heal.  It does happen. 

XOX

Thank you Hope, I will give it time. It is a hard symptom...very hard. But you skating again gave me a lot of hope! I know you can't do the fancy twirls...yet...but its coming...it really is!

I have to keep in mind that my body is healing...it really is.  :smitten: