Advise with liquid

[ta...]

Hi

Could someone give me some advise please I'm new to all this and I have been reading lots of things about tapering I really don't understand. So my gp refuses to give me liquid diazapam and she refuses to believe my problems are benzo related. I'm currently on 0.5mg of Diaz and have been for around 6 weeks my symptoms vary greatly day by day I believe as I have been quartering my 2mg tabs my dose is not completely consistent.. How can I make my own liquid and how can I cut by 10% a month, I know my brain is not on top form but seriously it's driving my crazy trying to work it out. Any tips would be great

Thanks you

You are at a very low dose so I would toss the whole percentage thing out the window.  Think cut size.

There are several ways to turn your V pills into liquid V, but an easy way is to use full fat whole milk.  For example, you might put a 2mg pill into 20ml milk.  This will give you fours days worth of .5mg doses.  Using a 10ml syringe, draw out four 5ml doses and put them into jars.  Then, when ready to cut, use a 1ml syringe to remove small amounts.  .1ml a day might be a good place to begin at your dose.

Hi Tatty

As SG said 0.5mg is a very low dose of diazepam, so doing a liquid daily taper is really the only way of making small enough, and accurate enough, cuts to wean yourself off it.

You don't need your doctor to prescribe liquid diazepam. In fact you don't need your doctor at all, apart from making sure you have a regular supply of tablets. A lot of doctors just have no understanding of how difficult benzo tapering can be.

Many people make their own "home brews" of liquid. You can use a few different things to make a liquid mixture. Take a look at the first 2 links I have in my signture below. I have used all these methods and they work very well. If you have any questions you can post them on either of those threads.

Thank you, does the v dissolve equally in the milk ? I'm still reading up on this so still a little unsure. Thanks for your replies feel a little more positive today.

Thank you, does the v dissolve equally in the milk ? I'm still reading up on this so still a little unsure. Thanks for your replies feel a little more positive today.

You'll probably get different answers to this question, but what we know is the method works great.  Some think the V is being suspended, but I think it dissolves in the fat.  As long as the milk is homogenized the fat is spread equally everywhere.  I've also found this paper on the subject.  The abstract implies solubility but they want $$$ for the whole article and I'm not willing to pay.  A diffinitive answer may be in there.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1694991