Everyone in the US should consider contacting this law firm!

[ge...]

Not necessarily, read the last few paragraphs:

Benzodiazepines Long Tied to Serious Risks Another prior study found that prescription sleep aids were linked to increased risks of death, a worrying finding given that some 6-10 percent of Americans take a prescription sleep medication. Study participants received prescriptions for sleep aids that included benzodiazepines. According to the study, people who take prescription sleep aids may be at increased risks for cancer and are significantly more likely to die prematurely, when compared to people who do not take sleeping pills. The research also indicated that the increased rates were observed even when the drugs were taken at very low levels.

Legal Help for Victims of Benzodiazepines

If you or a loved one sustained an injury following use of a benzodiazepine, you may have valuable legal rights. We urge you to contact our benzodiazepine lawyers today by filling out our online form, or calling 1-800-YOURLAWYER (1-800-968-7529). - See more at: [nobbc]http://www.yourlawyer.com/topics/overview/benzodiazepine-and-alzheimers-disease#sthash.HNQR2JhF.dpuf[/nobbc]

Edit: commercial link deactivated

As doctors and patients absorb the Dementia/Alzeimer's studies recently in the news, many will try and quit - we all know that many doctors will botch the taper and withdrawals of many - then TSWHIF ... sadly and tragically, but it will shine light into this dark corner of pharma-land.

I would encourage as many as possible to contact this firm. It might help to achieve some critical mass, that will encourage them to proceed.

I just e-mailed them that I was not interested in them representing me on an individual basis, but rather representation in a possible class action lawsuit.  :)

Also - benzogirl has posted a link to the FDA where we can file complaints. If there enough complaints, the FDA will take a harder look and maybe reclassify the drug class. That serves as a trigger for the big law firms to jump on it. Will see if I can find her link.

I guess the lawyers would need medical record documentation from us that the benzo's have caused the dementia in their patients?  How else could it be proven?  Need lots of psych tests done and doctor notes and diagnoses to link them together?

I called them and the secretary said their not doing anything about Ativan now.  She said she would send their business card and some information.  Not sure what kind of information.  She told me to call other lawyers to see if they could help.

I can't believe after what Ativan has done to me that someone is not taking action against these drugs. 

I have severe memory loss and have had the testing done.  All tests are severely abnormal.  My doctor says every time I see her that I'm not getting my memory back.  I can't live like this.  At least she could offer me some hope. 

I'm praying for everyone who is struggling.

Deborah