Trying to get off Klonipin

[MP...]

I'm looking for information and inspiration after taking 2mg of Klonipin about 3 times per week for about 6 years, as instructed by a doctor. 

Feeling overly depressed, and not knowing I had developed a dependence, I stopped taking it.  Then I went into extreme panic almost 3 months ago, and have not been able to stabilize myself ever since. 

My worst symptom is what seems to be migraine headaches (not just regular headaches) about 4 days per week, and the fear of another one coming even when I’m not having one at the moment.

Hi MPERRIN and welcome.

Sorry to hear you're still having symptoms after some months have gone by.  It's not unusual, unfortunately, and time is the best healer at this point. 

You may want to start posting in Post Withdrawal Support since you're benzo free.  However, your symptoms are a result of cold turkey withdrawal so let me give you that link as well:  Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal.

Here's a link to the Ashton Manual which contains a lot of information about benzodiazepine withdrawal.

Please include your benzodiazepine information in your posts.  To make that easier by adding it to each post automatically, you can go up to Profile, choose Forum Profile, write the information in the text box and click Change Profile.

Your symptoms will eventually settle down and go away, but it helps to understand what's going on while you wait.

Take care,

Challis

welcome  :) congrats on being benzo free. However I am sorry that you are suffering from headaches. I had horrible headaches in early withdrawal. I wound up a half a dozen times in the ER. Finally, I was put on a beta blocker and I have never had one again.

Hello MPERRIN,

I too would like to welcome you to the forum  :)

Congratulations on being benzo free!

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering but as others have said this isn't unusual. Sadly a full recovery after long term benzo use can take many months for some but you will heal fully with time, that's for sure. In the meantime if you wouuld like feedback about any of your symptoms please dont hesitate to post questions on The Post Withdrawal Support Board, Challis has given you a link to it.

I will give you a link to a post created by one of the members here Parker which I think will give you a better insight into exactly what you are currently going through. This post explains, in layman's terms, exactly what is involved with a full recovery after benzo use and why it can take a while. Here is a link to "What is happening in your brain"

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=66397.0

I'm glad you found us and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Debbie

It seems as if Klonapin is harder to get off of as compared to other benzos. I don't think there is any proof of that but its a general consensus. It certainly was hard for me.

Your headaches may very well be a withdrawal symptom, but it might be a good idea to have your doctor check it out....just to make sure. Withdrawal symptoms can involve any part of the body - and mind. A lot of us start thinkin we have a disease, or that we are going crazy. And most of the time, it turns out to be "just" withdrawal. I can tell you that withdrawal was the worst, and hardest thing Ive ever done. But, all along I was healing, and so are you.

Good job, getting off this drug!!

east

:thumbsup: