Question about trazodone

[Ra...]

Does it work on gaba receptors like benzos do?  I dont want to delay my healing, but my doctor thinks it will help for sleep and physical pain.

No it does not. It's a relatively weak med compared to benzos and work's on different receptors. Histamine I think? Can't remember. It's been a while.

traz hasn't done much for me but I found it pretty easy to get off. Your milage may vary though

I take it occasionally, only 50 mg's and it works for me but I'm not tapering yet,,couldn't hurt to try, I know a few people take it on here

Does it work on gaba receptors like benzos do?  I dont want to delay my healing, but my doctor thinks it will help for sleep and physical pain.

No, it does not work the same way as benzodiazpepines. I took it after my first withdrawal. It did help with sleep but the first 30 minutes in the morning really put me in a stupor. I was on 100 mg. Anyway, it did help with sleep so I took it for about three months and had no problem all at stopping it. I did a 10 day taper.

No, it does not work the same way as benzodiazpepines. I took it after my first withdrawal. It did help with sleep but the first 30 minutes in the morning really put me in a stupor. I was on 100 mg. Anyway, it did help with sleep so I took it for about three months and had no problem all at stopping it. I did a 10 day taper.

Nice.  Yeah, I've been on it before and I think I had 50 mg tabs that I cut in half.  I just got sugar cravings really bad if I didn't go to sleep right away, I was out and had little trouble waking up.

I tried gabapentin and that put me in a stupor, as you said, the entire day.. not a pleasant experience.

Benzos-r -cruel,,did you ever heal during either of your previous c/t"s?

Nope.  I'm still holding.  It sucks, but I know if I cut anymore I wont be able to function how I need to.  Hopefully it gets better soon.