Can dividing doses help with symptoms?

[Ch...]

Hello Buddies,

I've started titrating .75 mg K & dosing once per day before bed, and feeling strong symptoms the next day in the late afternoon/early evening and on into the night despite very small reductions.  It's not unbearable but thought two doses might help ease things a bit. 

I'm only on day 3 of this and don't expect to NOT feel anything but it seems extreme to me considering the reductions of only .001ml per day.  I don't want to jump the gun but might I be a better candidate for crossing over to valium?

Thank you!

Yes, dividing and spreading out dosing may help with interdose withdrawal.  Interdose withdrawal is breakthrough withdrawal that occurs between doses and is generally associated with short half life benzos like Xanax and Ativan.  But I've also known buddies who tapered Klonopin and Valium who felt much better by breaking up and spreading out their doses for the day due to this interdose factor.

I agree with Juliea.  If you are dosing K it is likely you need at least two, maybe three.  Does your dose make symptoms go away?

Also, it sounds like you have just switched to liquid?  Often what happens is the switch itself feels like a cut even though you are on the same dose.  It might be a good idea to hold for a week or two before you begin cutting.

Thanks very much for the input.

I did switch to milk for about 2 weeks until I felt 'normal' and then started to cut the .001ml per night, which was 3 days ago.  Perhaps I didn't wait long enough before starting to cut...?  Still, those cuts are pretty small, yes?

I have always dosed at night to help me sleep (the reason for starting this drug in the first place), so if I wanted to start dividing doses tomorrow, I'd appreciate some suggestions for a schedule re: how much & when?  Of course, I'd like to do a larger dose before bed to avoid insomnia.

Also, a suggestion for this evening's cut would be greatly appreciated.

I think even dosing is important so I would say split it up evenly and try it and see how you sleep.

As for a cut, what dose are you at and how much K do you put into how much milk?  I'd need to know those things.

Thanks, I'll try the even doses. I'm currently at .75 in 100 ml milk.  I normally take my dose just before bed around 12 pm. 

I've been cutting .001ml per night for 3 nights. 

So .75mg into 100ml.  That's a .0075mg/ml concentration.  At your dose I'd begin by cutting .001mg per day.  This would be .13ml.  It looks like this is what you were doing?  It's a very small cut and would not be expected to cause symptoms.  And you held for two weeks, so I am puzzled.

A thing to consider is to use 75ml instead of 100ml so the mg and ml numbers will be the same for simplicity.  It will also use less milk.

I am puzzled too... unless I was in tolerance withdrawal before I started this thing, which from all I've read and comparing my symptoms over the last few months, is a definite possibility. And now just trying to level out or something.

I'm going to hold on the cut for tonight and start split dosing tomorrow & see what happens.  I felt so crappy earlier I took a couple swigs from my night's dose and feel a lot better right now.  A good sign. 

Using less milk is good - thanks for the tip.  I'm not a big fan of it anyway. I really appreciate your help & thanks for being so speedy with your replies.

Thanks to Juliea & SG57 for suggesting divided doses.  It has helped incredibly. I have practically no symptoms and sleep is still fine.  Thank you thank you.  What a difference to what I felt like just a few days ago.

I couldn't agree more.  Still feeling really well dosing 4x/day now, all even amounts.

Sleep is not an issue, either, in fact it's better. 

I'm so grateful for you guys...thanks again.