Vodka Question

[wa...]

I can only find  37.5%  proof vodka.  Anyone else use this to titrate diazepam ?

I definitely would not recommend it.

You need to go to a liquor store to get "real" vodka.

[62...]
You will be able to see if the 1ml dissolves the Valium ...it will dissolve instantly and you can swish it around..it s why I chose this method...

[62...]
okay..just checked..it s 80 proof...I know you are concerned about the 37 proof not being enough strength however the point I was trying to make is that you can see is if it s dissolving . I know that if I had not already had a liter of vodka on the house I would have hated to go and buy some...

I can only find  37.5%  proof vodka.  Anyone else use this to titrate diazepam ?

Is it 37.5% alcohol or is it 37.5 proof?  Proof is the percent doubled.  If it is 37.5%, which is the best case, each ml will dissolve 1.5mg V, so be sure to use enough if your proof is not above 150.

From the data I found online 1ml of 75 proof will dissolve about 1.5mg V, so if you use 75 proof make sure you use enough.  Personally, I'm not comfortable with it being such a low number, but then I've never done it and others here who have seem to do fine and have faith in the method.

What can you do to make sure all the V dissolves?

1.  use a very high proof if you can, like above 150

2.  don't use just 1 or 2 mls, using more creates more "room"

3.  give it plenty of time to dissolve at room temperature

4.  agitate occasionally

I've never done it so I approach it with an abundance of caution.  As you get familiar you will find what works.

37.5% should be fine, although if you can find a 40% that would be a little better. It depends on which country you are in as to how the alcohol content is displayed. It's usually either shown as % or proof. Here in Australia we use %, not proof. The highest I was able to find was 40% which is 80 proof.

If it's any help, the one I bought was Zytnia which says it is a Product of Bielsko-Biala in Poland.