insight on the titration method?? newbie on forum heree

[hi...]

hi--ya

newbie here.

I am currently tapering off of 3mg of diazepam ..taking it every other day, as needed.

I would like to now do a liquid titration method, a smoother one.. I went with water at first.

ehhhh, yeah not the greatest idea. went with dry cutting , once more...it's alright, thinking a titration method would be smoother for me, though.

I am getting a pill cutter & organic milk..

anyone know of a schedule  that would seem smoother?

k... me & numbers & calculating things  :laugh: I dunno....math isn't my best subject. would it be somewhat wise to cut down the pill 10% every 3 wks & combine it with a certain amt of liquid? maybe getting a syringe would be best in doing that part.

excuse me for all the questions.. hoping this is the correct section to talk on these things..

If you liquify the diazepam the syringes are your "pill cutters" so you would not need a pill cutter.

For diazepam, various members use various liquids, but one easy way is to dissolve the pills into whole milk, using syringes to measure and cut.

ohhhh ok

& i would have to crush the pills, then with the syringe, put it into the liquid?

this method is new to me, apologize if i misunderstood what you said.

& yes i will be using milk... thanks for the advice :))

Be sure it's full fat whole milk.  The fat is the key.

Crushing depends on brand.  It seems like most brands will break up just fine when you just drop them into milk with no crushing needed.  You can test yours.  You just need a few jars and a 1ml and a 10ml oral syringe to do liquid tapering.  Nothing fancy or expensive is required.

What I'd recommend though is to do your research up front and spend a lot of time just reading and asking questions.  This will pay off, I guarantee it.

Hi hippi

Take a look at the first two links in my signature below. Hopefully they might answer most of your questions. There are a few different methods covered there - milk, Liquid Valium (prescribed by your doctor) and also using a tiny amount of vodka to dissolve the valium and then it's topped up with water.

I would suggest not bothering about percentages. For us maths challenged types, it just make tapering more complicated IMO. For the methods I have below, all you need to do is work out over how many days you want to reduce 1mg. At your current dose of 3mg, I would suggest working on reducing 1mg over about 40 to 60 days.