please help with my k milk titration plan

[Mo...]

Ok I suffered a horrid month and then 5 day detox from xanax and reinstated on K after 11 days being insaine and benzo free. Currently trying to stabalilize on .25 2xsdaily on k. I want to do a very slow milk taper so I'm as symptom free as possible. Does this sound reasonable?

I'm doing .5 k in a baby jar w 100ml of milk. I'm planing on pulling 2ml per week which would equal just under 4 months right? Is my math right? Will this keep me pretty cozy? I'm a mom with small children who need me sain....not a horrible wreck like the past month:-/

This is actually pretty reasonable numbers, but I get your estimated time at more like about a year, which is a typical duration for .5mg (2ml per week is 50 weeks for 100ml).  When you get lower in dose below the .25mg range you will need to go slower.

One change I'd suggest is instead of 2ml per week, take out a little piece of that each day and let the rest of the drug work for you by covering symptoms.

This is actually pretty reasonable numbers, but I get your estimated time at more like about a year, which is a typical duration for .5mg (2ml per week is 50 weeks for 100ml).  When you get lower in dose below the .25mg range you will need to go slower.

One change I'd suggest is instead of 2ml per week, take out a little piece of that each day and let the rest of the drug work for you by covering symptoms.

Oh my math is totally bad!!! I thought 2ml a week would be like 25 weeks (ish) or something or maybe I was thinking 2ml per dose with the two doses (my brain is not here think I need my meds...yep)....I actually went back and asked you ab this on the other post.....you're so much help!!! When you say take out a piece day by day how could I measure that?

You need syringes.  A 1ml and a 10ml will do the job.  If you want to use less milk, putting .5mg into 50ml works out well as it makes a .01mg/ml concentration so the numbers and math are kept simple.

You need syringes.  A 1ml and a 10ml will do the job.  If you want to use less milk, putting .5mg into 50ml works out well as it makes a .01mg/ml concentration so the numbers and math are kept simple.

I may sound stupid because I may have to stay at 100 because I can't even do numbers right now lol!!! I was just staring blankly and my mind refused to let me do the math ;)

Below is the math I originally figured when working the plan out. ..

Originally I saw somewhere that for reducing from 1mg taking out 2 ml a day would be 50 days so I tried to figure that in weeks instead and cut everything in half for .5 instead of 1mg. I figured 25 weeks if I was taking 2ml a week out....then divided 25 weeks then tried to figure months from there....so originally I thought 6 months not 4. Like I said I'm not sure ab my numbers.

A 1ml syringe and 10 ml makes sense!!! What jar is best? I'm so sorry for all these questions! !

You don't sound stupid at all.  You're doing great and I can tell you are learning fast and learning a lot.

100ml is fine.  That much milk is not required, but if it makes the process easier then do it.

Any jar near that size that seals well is good.

Great! !! I feel much more confident now and I am going to start using milk a split 3 ways. Hopefully no updosing is needed! I will be spending the nxt few months getting stabalized and preparing my equipment and getting used to mixing the uncut dose in milk. I think I will plan 6 mnths to a year once I start depending how I feel :)

You really rock SG!!

Sounds good.  Just a reminder to use full fat whole homogenized milk.  That's important.

And when you switch from pills to liquid dosing you may feel increased symptoms so expect that and don't freak out.  It is common, but it is temporary.

You really have zeroed in on all of this very quickly.  I think you will do well as long as you can win the patience battle.  Having been bit hard already helps that a lot.  It almost seems required.

Thank you, I definitely think the hell I went through taught me a maaaajor lesson and opened my eyes! We have full milk her3 for my 1 yr old so that won't be a prob. I will try not to get ahead of myself. I do not want to feel like that again! !!!