Important Survey - Please Participate ×

1000 Days

[re...]

http://rlv.zcache.com/vintage_children_girl_noise_maker_birthday_party_sticker-rdadf56f97d2c4119a24ac1279d5d05bb_v9waf_8byvr_512.jpg  I joined BenzoBuddies on Jan.10, 2012.
I've been here 1000 days.
This is day 1001. 
I don't know if that's something to celebrate,
but I'm desperate for an excuse
to have a second plate
of swiss and Triscuits.

I have healed, but very slowly. I'm a lot better now than I was back then, in 2012. I'm not as anxious or depressed. I don't think about killing myself every single day. Actually, I don't think about it at all any more. I don't live in a weird nightmare for half the day. I sleep better. I can take a nap. But... it's all incomplete. It's all almost, but not quite. I do sleep much better, but still, I wake up several times every night. The difference is that now I can get back to sleep. I still have tinnitus, but not as often. Still have some creepy-crawlies on my skin, but not as much. Still have some OCD episodes, but fewer. I still have some weird skin issues, but it's slowly clearing up. Still get intrusive memories, but not as often and not as painful. So I still have a ways to go. But I'm getting a little bit better every day, I think. And I should be grateful because through this whole ordeal I've been able to hold down a job. Some days were nearly impossible, but somehow I did it. I was working 80-hour weeks for months at a time, and yet I missed just one day of work in the last 3 years - and that was because I was in the ER. So it could have been much worse, I know.

Oh, and I don't think I could have made it without BenzoBuddies. That's a fact.

Edit: Changed 2010 to 2012, which is what I meant.

http://rlv.zcache.com/vintage_children_girl_noise_maker_birthday_party_sticker-rdadf56f97d2c4119a24ac1279d5d05bb_v9waf_8byvr_512.jpg  I joined BenzoBuddies on Jan.10, 2012.
I've been here 1000 days.
This is day 1001. 
I don't know if that's something to celebrate,
but I'm desperate for an excuse
to have a second plate
of swiss and Triscuits.

:laugh:

Gotta have those triscuits. Congrats Evan, you are nearing the end. Sounds like things are beginning to fizzle out. I'm very happy for you, and happy to have met you on BB  :)

Thanks, everyone.

1000 days here at BenzoBuddies. Add another 30 days for my quit-klonopin date. I'm one of the TRAP-fugees. I think there might still be a few budz who remember those days. I counted the days the way I would count the days: in an Excel spreadsheet. I entered 01/10/12 in cell A1 and then pulled it down to 1000. Et voila! I trust Excel to count the leap day. I trust Microsoft. I have a learning disability.

:balloon: My party was a lot of fun.  :balloon: Thanks LF.  :balloon:

Yet another typo. Blame it on the benzos.

• 3 weeks later...
thats a long time 1000 days , sometimes i wonder what my life will be like if my health will be ok in just 1 year from now i really hope by 1000 days comes by for me ill have a new life and my benzo withdrawals will just be a distant memory

I have healed, but very slowly. I'm a lot better now than I was back then, in 2012. I'm not as anxious or depressed. I don't think about killing myself every single day. Actually, I don't think about it at all any more. I don't live in a weird nightmare for half the day. I sleep better. I can take a nap. But... it's all incomplete. It's all almost, but not quite. I do sleep much better, but still, I wake up several times every night. The difference is that now I can get back to sleep. I still have tinnitus, but not as often. Still have some creepy-crawlies on my skin, but not as much. Still have some OCD episodes, but fewer. I still have some weird skin issues, but it's slowly clearing up. Still get intrusive memories, but not as often and not as painful. So I still have a ways to go. But I'm getting a little bit better every day, I think. And I should be grateful because through this whole ordeal I've been able to hold down a job. Some days were nearly impossible, but somehow I did it. I was working 80-hour weeks for months at a time, and yet I missed just one day of work in the last 3 years - and that was because I was in the ER. So it could have been much worse, I know.

Oh, and I don't think I could have made it without BenzoBuddies. That's a fact.

Edit: Changed 2010 to 2012, which is what I meant.

Wow! Amazing and possitive post! Congratulations! You are healed!...more than 1000 days free!!! Working all the time! I do needed this!!! :)