Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

99% healed

[mi...]

Hello everyone...

I was going to wait to write here until I was 100%....but all that is left for me is very low tinnitus.....and it is only occasionally...

I have been s/x free for 3 wks...

That may not seem long, but I know my body, and how my healing has progressed, so I feel I am, for the most part at the end of this journey....I was one that never had a window....some days were just better than others....

I had settled in for the time frame of being healed in 1 1/2 to 2 years just before my s/xs suddenly lifted.....it happened almost over night...of course I had been noticing improvements after acute ended (at about 6 wks)....

It just shows how everyone is different and yet very similar....

I lost hope of healing many times in the first several mos.....I was in the er 3 times in the acute phase....one trip they admitted me and did a complete heart work-up...everything was fine, but I thought I was dying....

Many times what kept me going was just reading on bbs about how so many people were suffering the same s/x as myself.....I also read the success stories over and over...Even with that I was not sure I would be one of the lucky ones...

Everyone one of you will heal it is just the matter of time and that is so hard to accept....for me the more I raged against the process the worse I felt...I was not always able to accept the process but I tried really hard....positive self talk over and over.....and over....

I finally convinced myself that I would heal, I just had to get through each day the best I could.....it was never EASY....

I will list as many s/x as I can remember...some I do not think I will forget easily....

Head and ear pressure were one of the absolute worst

Burning and tearing eyes

Bad nausea

Neck and jaw pain

Sinus issues

Insomnia

Sweating

Terrible chemical anxiety (always felt like I needed to move)

Heart palps

B/p spikes

Pulling muscles in stomach and back

Pins and needles in hands and feet

Trouble getting my breath, felt like there was a weight on my chest

Exhaustion

Headaches

Did not want to leave my house or talk on the phone

Adrenalin rushes

Terrible nightmares

Irritable bladder

I may have forgot a few....but I know I listed the worst ones.....

I wish everyone the best.....my heart goes out to everyone on here that is still suffering.....and please remember you will all heal :smitten:

Minnie...so happy for you! It gives me hope to see your list...so similar to my own, and know you are well. Thank you. Wishing you joy and peace.

Warmly,

Carita

Oh, Minnie, this is just WONDERFUL to read!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:  I am truly so very, very, very happy for you!  And all s/x pretty much vanished overnight, that nasty head pressure and all?!  If this doesn't give hope to all of us, nothing will!  Just amazing!  :clap: 

You're such a sweetheart, Minnie, you've been so compassionate and patient and supportive to so many buddies here, even when you were in the thick of things, and it's really touched me.  You so deserve this.

Big hugs!  :smitten:

Thank you everyone......

I know some of you had it worse than me......my heart goes out to all of you still suffering :smitten:

I was really sick many days and weeks......but look now...... it does go away......and you guys will be right behind me.....I was sure I would be sick longer....

I am still surprised that the head pressure is gone that is one of the worst s/x....

I just want to say, to the head s/x sufferers, I had all of the weird sensations in my head that a lot of people talk about and the headaches, it is all gone.....just that small amount of tinnitus but I am sure that will continue to fade

Love to all you guys, you all such a strong bunch.....keep going you will all see an end to your suffering.....now I know for sure...m :thumbsup:...

Oh Minnie iam so happy for you! You have the sweetest way with words and such a caring heart, you deserve all of it! 7 months with no window? My goodness! So so so happy for you, Jenny

Hi abcd....

So nice to hear from you, and thank you, it is so great to have no pressure in my brain :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:.... I still cannot believe it is gone.....I was standing on my porch the other morning it was about 11;00 pm.....I suddenly realized how quiet it was, no sounds in my head at all....it almost felt unnatural.....almost.....  :idiot:I was just surprised because I guess I was just so used to all the ringing and weird sensations that it never seemed quiet in my head....now it is....

I want to say this about the head pressure, 3 weeks before it went away it was changing, it still never completely let up but it was getting less intense....so it was not at its worse when it left.... if that makes sense....

I sure hope you are feeling better abcd.....I will be thinking about you.....m :smitten:.... :hug:

Hi plady.....Thank you....

I have read some of your posts and I am so sorry for all you have been through.....

Blessings to you....it will end....m :smitten:.....

Hi LM.....

Thankyou ....

I hope you are doing well....It happened for me and it will soon for you.....I am still surprised.....we just do not know with this crazy ride...but it does happen for sure....

I guess it reminds me of the near death experience people....some come back and try to describe the peace and beauty of it to people and the description always falls short....

Take good care LM......m :smitten:

Hi abcd....

So nice to hear from you, and thank you, it is so great to have no pressure in my brain :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:.... I still cannot believe it is gone.....I was standing on my porch the other morning it was about 11;00 pm.....I suddenly realized how quiet it was, no sounds in my head at all....it almost felt unnatural.....almost.....  :idiot:I was just surprised because I guess I was just so used to all the ringing and weird sensations that it never seemed quiet in my head....now it is....

I want to say this about the head pressure, 3 weeks before it went away it was changing, it still never completely let up but it was getting less intense....so it was not at its worse when it left.... if that makes sense....

I sure hope you are feeling better abcd.....I will be thinking about you.....m :smitten:.... :hug:

Thank you, Minnie, I am just so delighted for you, I literally got goose bumps reading this!  I'm still suffering terribly, unfortunately, the head pulling sensation has become so intense, I can barely stand for more than 15 mins without needing to sit or lie down again.  Needless to say, showering is quite a challenge these days.  But I'll save that for the other thread, this is all about you now!  ;D

Cheers to your success.  Enjoy every wonderful second of your new life!  :smitten:

Hi jenny,

Thank you, I am so happy.....I hope you are doing well.....I hope your head is better...that was one of the worst experiences of my life....but now we know head pressure does end....... :clap:...

Best to you jenny....m :smitten:....

I am so sorry abcd.....this is not all about me.....I wanted to share to give you and others hope.....all I can say is I completely understand what you are going through....

It will end is all I can say that may help.....nothing helped me much when I was suffering with that horrible s/x....just getting through each day was a monumental challenge....just keep going and it will end....

Hugs to you ...... :smitten:m....

P.S when yours goes away will you come back here and let me know....

Love to all you guys, you all such a strong bunch.....keep going you will all see an end to your suffering.....now I know for sure...m :thumbsup:...

I agree completely!

Congratulations Minnie! I was so happy to read this thread when I checked back in:)

Minnie,  I am so happy for you !  You so deserve to have your health back, your life back.  Your success story gives us hope.  Hugs,  KB  :thumbsup:

Thank you KB....

I sure questioned many times if I would ever feel well again....I just cannot believe how long it can take....

Hugs to you KB.... :smitten:m......

• 2 months later...