internet docs? skeptical.

[Me...]

im using a doctor over the internet, ive talked to a few people and they've used him to and they didn't have much good to say, should I try and find real medicine? I cant tell if this is real....... compounded pharmacy and I'm so confused and frustrated I wonder what im actually taking

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE THIS WEBSITE I AM ABOUT TO BREAK THIS KEYBOARD HOW DO YOU POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im using a doctor over the internet, ive talked to a few people and they've used him to and they didn't have much good to say, should I try and find real medicine? I cant tell if this is real....... compounded pharmacy and I'm so confused and frustrated I wonder what im actually taking

Hi,

Do you have a regular doctor you are seeing?  Who has been prescribing you your meds?  We need a few more details before we can help you.

Hi again,

Many of us have been through situations similar to yours.  I was on high doses of xanax, had two unsuccessful withdrawals, but eventually tapered off for good.  This isn't easy but it's definitely doable.  This is a copy of Mindseeker's welcome post to you.  She has given you some good advice here:

Hi, Meeksasgoogali.

Welcome to benzobuddies. Glad you found us.  :)

First, I just want to tell you you're going to be fine. You will get through this. I'm really sorry you're suffering so badly. I was polymedicated starting at the age of 17, so I know how you feel. You're much younger than I am now, and I'm so glad you're ready to come off these drugs. You're going to be okay, and you're going to have a wonderful life ahead of you without needing benzos. Hang in there.

A good resource about benzodiazepines is the Ashton Manual. Here is a link to the manual: Professor Ashtons Manual  It’s great for learning about these meds and for taper plans. Ashton recommends reducing between 5 - 10% every 10/14 days.

You'll find a great community of people here who will support and encourage you. Feel free to check out the forum and to post to any of the dedicated boards.

In addition to the Ashton Manual, here are some other resources:

For tapering advice, post here: General Taper Plans

For support with any symptoms you may have, post here: Withdrawal Support

Please add a signature (history of medication/doses etc). It will help members give you relevant advice. This link will show you how to Create a signature

Please let us know if you have any questions.

~ Mind

I can't help with directing you to a good internet Doctor I am afraid.

However, I do think that in the not to distant future, internet Doctors will almost completely take over. People are loosing faith with their Doctors fast, not just us lot, so the way I see it, why go to the effort of waiting around in germ invested waiting rooms for sometimes very long periods of time, only to be told, ''take this pill'' or ''you have this wrong''  or you ''there is nothing wrong'' when in fact what the Dr is telling you is often very wrong.

Give it 10 years, maybe longer. Self healing is the way forward. Prevention is key.

Good healing and I hope you get some answers soon.

b

Telemedicine is viable, IMO, but ONLY IF, the care received is:

The exact same care as one would receive in a face-to-face medical encounter.

This means that there must be an excellent and clear visual as well as auditory, HIPAA-compliant connection between the patient and doctor.  And it also means that any monitoring needed, (BP, pulse, etc, etc.), must be able to be carried out during the visit.

In short, unless all of these things were present in my visit with the doctor, I'd pass. 

Telemedicine is a huge interest of mine and I've studied a great deal about it.  A phone call, (unless just a simple follow up, [generally not billable to an insurance company]), or a basic Skype video session do not meet the criteria of telemedicine.

• 2 weeks later...

So no one has used a md from a diff state

Some might, especially if they live on the border of another state. For example, I live in CT and it's a 20 minute drive to New York. I don't think there is enough safety in place to see a telemed. But I bet it's in our future. Sooner rather than later. But I still don't understand how you are getting scripts.