• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful, 3.

:smitten:

Aww..  :hug:

http://www.theartofed.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Empathy-definition.png

I know what it feels like, Ins (if it can be called 'feeling'), and right now I can personally relate.  Sometimes a bit of empathy is all that's wanted at times like this.  The rest we figure out ourselves in our unique way.

That said, it's a heavy trauma so I think you're owed some retail therapy, at least?

3 :smitten::hug:

[58...]

Beautiful, 3.

Aww..  :hug:

http://www.theartofed.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Empathy-definition.png

I know what it feels like, Ins (if it can be called 'feeling'), and right now I can personally relate.  Sometimes a bit of empathy is all that's wanted at times like this.  The rest we figure out ourselves in our unique way.

That said, it's a heavy trauma so I think you're owed some retail therapy, at least?

3 :smitten::hug:

Thank you, so much for your kindness and caring, 3.

I am so sorry you are also having a difficult time.

Retail therapy is good!  Actually, earlier today I was thinking about how I had been quite indulgent. 

Sending you a huge hug, 3. 

Hope things smooth out for you.

I love everything you share.    So glad you are part of this thread.     

:mybuddy:

[58...]

The point is that when I see a sunset or a waterfall or something,

for a split second it's so great, because for a little bit I'm out of my brain,

and it's got nothing to do with me.  I'm not trying to figure it out,

you know what I mean?  And I wonder if I can somehow find a way

to maintain that mind stillness.

- Chris Evans

Retail therapy is good!  Actually, earlier today I was thinking about how I had been quite indulgent. 

That's very sweet of you.. but it's the thread's tone that attracts and inspires me.

By the way, this strange terminology  you use.. "quite indulgent".  What does that mean?  :D;)

Get in there, girl, this is THE time to go treat-crazy.  I know, you know it, and the best part is that there's not a drop of guilt to be had for it this time.  It's literally justified.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for your kind words, and just like you I'll make it through the grief and learn to live with it.. that's seems to be the process in my experience.  We all have our own way of handling and integrating it so you don't need my advice.  Right now I'm struggling to talk about it myself without waterworks kicking in, and aside from one of brothers recently, I lost my mum about 12yrs ago, and to be honest with you, it was only about 2 months ago that my sister finally pushed me (craftily & intentionally) into breaking down into tears over it.  It took a loooooong time for those ones to finally get out and it felt like I'd been showered clean after being covered in crap for a decade.  I hadn't dealt with that particular loss, I'd just filed it away for later, but 'later' was always difficult to face.  Oh, this is not advice doubly-presented as my own story, I'm just sharing a bit because at that time I had nobody who to talk to who understood the hole that suddenly appears and can't be filled with anything.  I didn't want to talk, or to be talked to about 'how' to deal with it, I just wanted to to be treated normally so that I could keep going at the time, as guess who was dealing with the estate back then?  That was my way, at the time, of coping, and I guess it took me a decade to finally, truly accept the feelings and let go of the weight.  This time I know what to expect so it's more manageable, but my mum, without warning, was a total and utter shock to my system at 30yrs old.  So, I sort of get where you're at and can empathise. :)

And thanks for just.. being nice to people here and bringing an energy that fulfils.. it encourages 'nice 3' to come out a bit more.  :smitten:

http://incredibleweird.com/wp-content/uploads/karma.jpg

Enjoy your new shoes (a fair assumption this was part of the retail-therapy, I feel, consdering you're a woman) ;)

3 :hug:

[81...]

Thanks for the great quotes everyone!  ;D

Im ditching my 5 mi hike this morning and enjoying my new deck! It spans the length of the back of my house, and they finished yesterday. I have some ripe peaches, and I will take a bite of one and languish away the day! Dont you love biting into a peach? Just pure bliss!  :)

I forgot to look at the blue moon last night.  >:( Despite telling everyone I know to view it.  :D

Ingrid,

Thank you, for sharing this.

What a great image I have of you sitting on your beautiful deck enjoying a ripe peach.

Sounds like a perfect day, my friend.

I had some fresh peaches about a week ago: heavenly.

Do you have shaded areas on your deck?  An umbrella?  Trees that are near?

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. 

You know me well, Ins, I planted trees everywhere, of course!  :laugh: Hubby complains of all the trees, but the shade and enjoyment they provide are priceless. One tree is a Bloodgood Japanese Maple given me by my son for Mothers Day when he was 7. The deck is surrounded by my trees. In fact, they had some trouble building the deck b/c of my trees. I wrapped all the trunks before they began and gave strict orders to steer clear of them. I can be a boss lady when I have to!  :thumbsup:

Good day to all. Im looking for a quote to post.

[81...]

http://www.thequotepedia.com/images/46/you-cant-buy-happiness-but-you-can-buy-coffee-and-thats-pretty-close.jpg

Coffee is a JOY every morning, for me!  :)

[58...]

That's very sweet of you.. but it's the thread's tone that attracts and inspires me.

By the way, this strange terminology  you use.. "quite indulgent".  What does that mean?  :D;)

Get in there, girl, this is THE time to go treat-crazy.  I know, you know it, and the best part is that there's not a drop of guilt to be had for it this time.  It's literally justified.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for your kind words, and just like you I'll make it through the grief and learn to live with it.. that's seems to be the process in my experience.  We all have our own way of handling and integrating it so you don't need my advice.  Right now I'm struggling to talk about it myself without waterworks kicking in, and aside from one of brothers recently, I lost my mum about 12yrs ago, and to be honest with you, it was only about 2 months ago that my sister finally pushed me (craftily & intentionally) into breaking down into tears over it.  It took a loooooong time for those ones to finally get out and it felt like I'd been showered clean after being covered in crap for a decade.  I hadn't dealt with that particular loss, I'd just filed it away for later, but 'later' was always difficult to face.  Oh, this is not advice doubly-presented as my own story, I'm just sharing a bit because at that time I had nobody who to talk to who understood the hole that suddenly appears and can't be filled with anything.  I didn't want to talk, or to be talked to about 'how' to deal with it, I just wanted to to be treated normally so that I could keep going at the time, as guess who was dealing with the estate back then?  That was my way, at the time, of coping, and I guess it took me a decade to finally, truly accept the feelings and let go of the weight.  This time I know what to expect so it's more manageable, but my mum, without warning, was a total and utter shock to my system at 30yrs old.  So, I sort of get where you're at and can empathise. :)

And thanks for just.. being nice to people here and bringing an energy that fulfils.. it encourages 'nice 3' to come out a bit more.  :smitten:

http://incredibleweird.com/wp-content/uploads/karma.jpg

Enjoy your new shoes (a fair assumption this was part of the retail-therapy, I feel, consdering you're a woman) ;)

3 :hug:

I am very sorry for your losses.  I know how this renders one depleted and changed.

Perhaps through tears the heaviness is lessened.

This can be a very lonely experience (it's high on the list of most unpopular topics).

Please take very good care of yourself.

Thank you, for caring and for reaching out.

Ins

:hug:

[58...]

Thanks for the great quotes everyone!  ;D

Im ditching my 5 mi hike this morning and enjoying my new deck! It spans the length of the back of my house, and they finished yesterday. I have some ripe peaches, and I will take a bite of one and languish away the day! Dont you love biting into a peach? Just pure bliss!  :)

I forgot to look at the blue moon last night.  >:( Despite telling everyone I know to view it.  :D

Ingrid,

Thank you, for sharing this.

What a great image I have of you sitting on your beautiful deck enjoying a ripe peach.

Sounds like a perfect day, my friend.

I had some fresh peaches about a week ago: heavenly.

Do you have shaded areas on your deck?  An umbrella?  Trees that are near?

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. 

You know me well, Ins, I planted trees everywhere, of course!  :laugh: Hubby complains of all the trees, but the shade and enjoyment they provide are priceless. One tree is a Bloodgood Japanese Maple given me by my son for Mothers Day when he was 7. The deck is surrounded by my trees. In fact, they had some trouble building the deck b/c of my trees. I wrapped all the trunks before they began and gave strict orders to steer clear of them. I can be a boss lady when I have to!  :thumbsup:

Good day to all. Im looking for a quote to post.

Ingrid,

Oh, how lovely that you have your trees!! 

Good for you. 

It sounds so beautiful.   

Sincerely enjoy your time outside, my friend.

I'm so happy for you.

[58...]

http://www.thequotepedia.com/images/46/you-cant-buy-happiness-but-you-can-buy-coffee-and-thats-pretty-close.jpg

:thumbsup::smitten:

[58...]

Ins, thankyou for your kind wishes. Have tried to pm you but no joy. Hope you are well. Gilly x

Hi Gilly,

I hope you are having a weekend that is as free of stress as possible.

By chance, did your art book arrive?

I turned off my PMs several days ago, my friend.

Just having a bout of intense emotions.    :(

Sending hugs to you and wishing you & Tilly happy moments.

Ins, all going ok today i hope so talking of cofFee drinking a cup right now  :laugh: Itake mine black Ingrid~ Huggs ~CD PS: Iam sweet enough i don`t need any sugar  :P

[58...]

Ins, all going ok today i hope so talking of cofFee drinking a cup right now  :laugh: Itake mine black Ingrid~ Huggs ~CD PS: Iam sweet enough i don`t need any sugar  :P

CD,

Ah, coffee time.

And, of course, you are not in need of sugar.  8)

I'm a fan of iced coffee ... but it can be a bit addicting.

[58...]

Ins, here is a song for ya i think we both can relate  :crazy:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwnjhxR_44A

This is beautiful, CD.

Patty never disappoints, does she.  Thank you! 

Here's another one: 

I've read that she wrote this for her grandmother ?

Ins, here is a song for ya i think we both can relate  :crazy:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwnjhxR_44A

This is beautiful, CD.

Here's another one: 

Ins, not sure who Patty wrote ( CHIEF ) for maybe me or you ? lol ! ~CD

[58...]

This is beautiful, CD.

Here's another one: 

CD,

According to Wikipedia, Patty is from Old Town, Maine which is next to Penobscot Native American reservation.

I wonder if that has anything to do with her writing "Chief"?

This is beautiful, CD.

Here's another one: 

CD,

According to Wikipedia, Patty is from Old Town, Maine which is next to Penobscot Native American reservation.

I wonder if that has anything to do with her writing "Chief"?

Ins. i would say yes as She writes from deep in Her heart and soul she does not just throw words together to write songs. Maybe the Actress in the song she sings about is about Her?            Huggs ~CD

This doesn't have to necessarily apply to a love relationship, it could be your best friend too...

http://www.quoteswarehouse.com/img/quotes/Dont-let-your-soulmate-get-away.png

[58...]

Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark

in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all.

Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration

for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach.

The world you desire can be won.  It exists...it is real...it is possible...it's yours.

~ Ayn Rand