Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[77...]

::):thumbsup:

My link might be inspiring for some (movie freak here)...And You'll get the idea why "Mr.Anderson"

Get up BBs!!! We are THE ONES!

OKAY MR. A,

IT'S AMAZING HOW OUR LIVES CAN CHANGE WITH ONE SIMPLE WORD!

NO :thumbsup:

IT'S ALL ABOUT HEALTHY BOUNDARIES....RIGHT?  THE MORE YOU SAY "NO" THE EASIER IT BECOMES.

IS THIS YOUR TAKE ON THIS CLIP?  CAUSE I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF I'M ON TRACK OR WAY OFF BASE.

HERE'S TO HEALTH AND HEALING,

FB :)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me what it means? The quote about accepting an apology you never got? Does it mean pretending you got the apology you wished for? I feel silly asking! Thank you!!

JUST LOVE THIS...IT SPEAKS OF EXPECTATIONS NOT MET(BECAUSE THEY WERE MINE, NOT YOURS)

OF PROMISES NOT KEPT( BECAUSE I MADE THEM FOR YOU)

AND A PATH BLOCKED(BECAUSE I'M THE ONE IN THE WAY)

Hate to,repeat myself,myself...but the above is what I got from it...tex

Can someone tell me what it means? The quote about accepting an apology you never got? Does it mean pretending you got the apology you wished for? I feel silly asking! Thank you!!

Hi Angel,

Never feel silly for asking a question, especially among comrades and friends!  Honest questions as good things and should be welcomed! 

I think there could be lots of interpretations for that quote.  I fully agree with and appreciate what Tex and Fluter said and have several more thoughts on it myself.  I will go with telling you the first impression that washed over me when I found it. 

I felt freedom... sweet freedom from waiting for an apology that the other person may not be able to make because of who they are or even realize that maybe they should maybe make to me.  It was as if... it really didn't matter if they apologized because I could forgive them fully with or without an apology and be free!  And that is what is needed - for us to all be released from the pain of hurt through forgiveness. 

I hope this makes sense as I am having some thick cog fog today and can't think well. 

Again, nice to see you here!

Love,

Lily

I'm letting it go...but I'm the one set free...

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/BB%20posts/98adc3bd-1ab3-4d3f-8690-7acc1402c939_zpssly80trv.png

Another BB sent me this quote and I love it!  :smitten:

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-25726-Walter-White-fear-quote-Breaki-mUy6.jpeg

Ingrid ~ I can see why you love this!  We're kicking! 

And I love your motto!  This is too good!  My husband goes by KP here and so when I told him I knew of a good quote from another KP he was ready for it and got a great laugh out of it.  And that is priceless!

Thanks! 

Love,

Lily

My link might be inspiring for some (movie freak here)...And You'll get the idea why "Mr.Anderson"

Hi Mr. Anderson,

Nice to meet you. 

And this is inspiring.  We are The Ones!   Thank you for the link. 

I am not at all a movie buff but I loved the Matrix movies!  I have often times compared being on Benzo as living in the matrix, an artificial life.  I have hope and belief that "real life" can come for us all. 

Best wishes for your taper!  I hope it goes well for you.

Love,

Lily

Hi Angel,

Never feel silly for asking a question, especially among comrades and friends!  Honest questions as good things and should be welcomed! 

I think there could be lots of interpretations for that quote.  I fully agree with and appreciate what Tex and Fluter said and have several more thoughts on it myself.  I will go with telling you the first impression that washed over me when I found it. 

I felt freedom... sweet freedom from waiting for an apology that the other person may not be able to make because of who they are or even realize that maybe they should maybe make to me.  It was as if... it really didn't matter if they apologized because I could forgive them fully with or without an apology and be free!  And that is what is needed - for us to all be released from the pain of hurt through forgiveness. 

I hope this makes sense as I am having some thick cog fog today and can't think well. 

Again, nice to see you here!

Love,

Lily

I'm letting it go...but I'm the one set free...

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/BB%20posts/98adc3bd-1ab3-4d3f-8690-7acc1402c939_zpssly80trv.png

LILY MY SWEET,

IF THIS IS YOU WITH COG FOG...I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU WRITE WHEN SAID COG FOG HAS LIFTED! AND,YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FACULTIES ABOUT YOU :)

SO VERY WELL STATED!

EXCELLENT EXAMPLE!

I'M LOVING WHAT TEX HAD TO SAY AS WELL...KUDOS MY TEX FREIND :smitten:

HUGS,

YOUR FLUTER FRIEND  :smitten:

Fluter Friend....

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/Smileys%20from%20Annie/give_rose.gifhttp://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/Smileys%20from%20Annie/mini-graphics-hearts_zpsac1555e8.gif

LilyMe

[77...]

When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn't healthy.

This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits -- anything that kept me small.

My judgement called it disloyal.

Now I see it as self-loving.

- Kim McMillen

http://cache3.useumdata.org/images-6/mi-musa-my-muse-tachi-2013-e753aaaf.jpg

"My Muse" by Tachi

The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own.

No apologies or excuses.

No one to lean on, rely on, or blame.

The gift is yours -- it is an amazing journey --

and you alone are responsible for the quality of it.

This is the day your life really begins.

- Bob Moawad

Thank you, my friends, for your beautiful, thoughtful sharing.

Blessings and love,

Ins

:smitten:

I love The Matrix!  This is such a powerful scene.  Thanks for sharing.  :thumbsup:

PD  :smitten:

When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn't healthy.

This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits -- anything that kept me small.

My judgement called it disloyal.

Now I see it as self-loving.

- Kim McMillen

http://cache3.useumdata.org/images-6/mi-musa-my-muse-tachi-2013-e753aaaf.jpg

"My Muse" by Tachi

The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own.

No apologies or excuses.

No one to lean on, rely on, or blame.

The gift is yours -- it is an amazing journey --

and you alone are responsible for the quality of it.

This is the day your life really begins.

- Bob Moawad

Thank you, my friends, for your beautiful, thoughtful sharing.

Blessings and love,

Ins

These quotes really spoke to me.  Welcome back Ins.  You are an inspiration.  :smitten:

PD

[77...]

Dear PD,

Thank you so much for the welcome.

I don't know if you can relate to this, PD, but I

am finding it important to finally set boundaries

for myself (without guilt) in order to have

a healthier life.

To remove myself from intense negativity -

and to give myself permission to seek my own

path with hope and joy.

Sending love to you, PD.

You are a precious friend.

Thank you for sharing with me and all on this thread.

Hugs

Ins

Hi Mr. Anderson,

Nice to meet you. 

And this is inspiring.  We are The Ones!   Thank you for the link. 

I am not at all a movie buff but I loved the Matrix movies!  I have often times compared being on Benzo as living in the matrix, an artificial life.  I have hope and belief that "real life" can come for us all. 

Best wishes for your taper!  I hope it goes well for you.

Love,

Lily

Thank You Lily! for the warm welcome!

About the taper - Thanks to this forum  I've realized the universal truth: slow and steady wins the race! :thumbsup:

Some words of wisdom from the best driver who ever lived:

width=500 height=312http://i.imgur.com/KmpY2a2.jpg][/img]

[77...]

If you ask me what is the single most important key to longevity,

I would have to say it is avoiding worry, stress and tension.

And if you didn't ask me, I'd still have to say it.

- George Burns

http://www.lookbetweenthelines.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Mixed-Media-Art-Phone-Lines-and-Birch-Trees-1024x500.jpg

Ingrid,

Love the Walter White quote :thumbsup:

Thank you!

Mr. Anderson,

Welcome to this thread, and I hope you will continue to share with us.

Thank you for joining us  :)

Mr Anderson,

Your forum name and avatar are soooo cool!  I love it!  I see you've taken the red pill...welcome aboard.  8)

PD

Mr Anderson,

Your forum name and avatar are soooo cool!  I love it!  I see you've taken the red pill...welcome aboard.  8)

PD

:thumbsup: "Wake up. The Matrix has you. See how deep the rabbit hole goes ..."  8)

OKAY MR. A,

IT'S AMAZING HOW OUR LIVES CAN CHANGE WITH ONE SIMPLE WORD!

NO :thumbsup:

IT'S ALL ABOUT HEALTHY BOUNDARIES....RIGHT?  THE MORE YOU SAY "NO" THE EASIER IT BECOMES.

IS THIS YOUR TAKE ON THIS CLIP?  CAUSE I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF I'M ON TRACK OR WAY OFF BASE.

HERE'S TO HEALTH AND HEALING,

FB :)

Spot on FB! "NO! That's it! I'm thru with that! GET UP!"

[77...]

I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.

- Lewis Carroll

6d2d0162ca708f549506046f6616d5c8.jpg

"A Secret Shared" by Jennifer Madden

We're all pretty bizarre.  Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all.

- John Hughes, The Breakfast Club Script

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today.

- Mark Twain

I love sleep.  My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?

- Ernest Hemingway

Mr. Anderson, Angel, PD, Lily, Fluter, Ego, Ingrid, Lapis, Tex, CD, ABCD, Who-Am-I, Snowy & Duckie

Have a magical day

Hope you make time for laughter

Love,

Ins

If forgiveness doesn't necessarily mean saying you are okay with what someone did to you, what does it mean? Like, I mean, can someone please define forgiveness if it doesn't mean saying you're okay with what happened? With what someone did to you?  I am asking honestly. Thank you so much!

Forgiving is not forgetting...it is letting something go...it is no longer wasting your energy or spirit on something you can't change, but for the outcome you allow yourself to determine. Given the same circumstances someone else is in at the time of an action or reaction, i might very well behave in a like or similar manner, and i might not...does it matter anymore? Only if I let it matter, does it draw energy. If you borrow $10 from me and never pay it back...I may not forget it, and i may not loan you any more money, but for me, it will have been a ten dollar lesson. I will move on, and forgive you the money.  For you...?

Just my take on it...there are many, and most will be better said...tex

I can't answer for forgiveness because that involves too many "parts" for me to handle in the state I'm in now, but I have some thoughts about acceptance (which I think must be an integral part of forgiveness too).

I used to fume when somebody even suggested that I should accept what has happened to me and how my life is now. "I can't accept this. This is the definition of unacceptable".

I have started to realise though that that isn't what acceptance is about here. Acceptance doesn't mean liking this or saying that it is okay. It doesn't even mean to not be angry about this.

To me, it has come to mean that I accept that this is what has happened, this is how it is now and this is what I have to work with. I don't like it;in fact I hate it. But I accept it as the reality that I face.

Earlier I rebelled against it. I said to myself that this can't be happening. This isn't me. I tried to run away from reality and myself in many ways.  Well, that didn't work at all... I was screaming inside and running around like a headless chicken in a blind panic. (Still do from time to time of course). I was scared out of my mind constantly.

Now I try to tell myself "Okay, here is where I am now. I don't like it, but I acknowledge this as where I'm at and now I'm gonna change it". I will not use more energy on trying to understand why this happened, how I could make the mistakes I made by using benzos or by blaming myself for it. I accept this starting point  for what it is and now I'll try to focus on making things better.

Cut away the noise that is anger, blame, trying to understand and so on. Leave it alone as regretable facts and history and set your  gaze on the future. The past you'll have to accept because it is what it is and you can't change it. The future,though, that's yours for the taking. A wiser, stronger and braver you will make amazing things out of that.

This probably didn't make much sense, but I accept that :)

Forgiveness is perhaps acceptance + letting the anger go. You can do both even if the person that hurt you hasn't asked you to forgive. That kind of forgiveness concerns you and your well-being and not the other person.