Spending a week vacation in Jamacia homogized milk?

[Ca...]

Hi doing a milk taper, making plans to spend a week in Jamaica and am just wondering if I can get full fat HOMONGIZED milk? I plan to call the store where I was staying to ask but thought I would check here.

Also has anyone flown with a glass canning jar filled milk?

Thanks

I've been to Jamaica quite a few times.  And yes, they sell the milk you need most places.  Where are you going to be staying, which area?  I'm jealous.    :laugh:

I very seriously doubt the airlines would allow you to bring any liquids on the plane, but I guess you could put some in a suitcase, but I would not use a glass container due to breakage.

Hi Juliea.

Thanks for replying. It will be my first trip there, flying into Montego Bay and staying in a villa West of there. Pretty excited, gives me something to look forward to as the days shorten. Long flight with a connection. While I am probably going to email them to confirm this, I was told I could bring my milk mixture on the plane with some little gel cubes. I said the jars are use are glass and the woman said that would be fine. Also said I did not need a dr,'s note to carry the liquid.

I don't fully trust any part of that answer, so will get a dr's note, and also call and email the airline again to double check those answers. If I have to use plastic (I use glass mason jars) I am worried about them leaking as I have had no success with other jars besides the glass with screw on lids.

Thanks for letting me know I should be able to find full fat homogized milk there.

[cf...]
I don't think the airline will allow you to bring a glass jar full of any liquids onto the plane.  You might be able to get the airline to supply you with whole milk, however.