Waiting to reduce

[Ta...]

I'm going to start a daily taper next week.

Today I was supposed to take off 0.5 mgr off of my diazepam dose as I have done for many months.

Lately it seems to take longer to feel better after a cut. I'm on a small dose now compared to what I was on.

I'm going to wait a week to see if the dizziness will dissipate. Does anyone have experience with that? Should it get  better soon when I don't cut anything? It's driving me up the wall!

Tardis

Well, the more you go, the bigger .5 mg of a cut will be in regards to the percentage of total.  A .5 cut from 2 mg is a much bigger cut than .5 from 10 mg, for example.

You might have to hold a little longer to keep withdrawal at bay a bit.  I have done this myself.  I say go for it, just make sure you keep cutting down when you can.  :)

Well, the more you go, the bigger .5 mg of a cut will be in regards to the percentage of total.  A .5 cut from 2 mg is a much bigger cut than .5 from 10 mg, for example.

You might have to hold a little longer to keep withdrawal at bay a bit.  I have done this myself.  I say go for it, just make sure you keep cutting down when you can.  :)

Yes indeed. It's supposed to be a progressive taper.

Personally, dizziness hasn't been a side effect but I have had others (sleep issues, racing heart, excessive sweating, etc.) that have gotten better after I held at the dose I was on.  I would think it would get better.

Holding for a while should help.  I got slammed at .5 mg after tapering down from 3 mg of Ativan.  I held at . 5 mg for 2 months until I felt A LOT better.  In fact, I just cut again today after not cutting at all for half of August and September. One thing I've learned about this process is that it is very unpredictable.  Don't try to plan or go according to any set-in-stone schedule.  You may be disappointed, or pleasantly surprised.  I hope the latter.

Thank you KickinIt!

So, maybe I will stop cutting off for a bit longer. Waiting at least a week. If needed I can stop longer.

Tardis