Important Survey - Please Participate ×

[10...]

I have been on benzos for 10 plus years and have been tapering for about 4 months now. I was originally on clonazapin for 10 years at 4mg and have recently switched to Valium because of it's longer half life. I am currently on 1mg a day for one more month and then will go down to .5mg a day then I will jump off to nothing. I want more than anything to be completely clean of benzos and I am very motivated and excited. I also am prescribed suboxone because I am a recovering herion addict. It is defenitely helping with the taper and curbing any cravings. Nonetheless it is still the hardest thing I have ever done! Looking forward to receiving support from this website and hopefully my personal experiences will help others:-)

Welcome to the forum, we're glad you found us!  Here are a few links you'll find useful:

Withdrawal Support (during your taper).

The Ashton Manual is an authoritative source on what to expect in withdrawal and recovery.  Dr. Ashton is an expert in the field.  She describes and explains withdrawal symptoms, and there is also a section with withdrawal/taper schedules.

Please take the time to Create a Signature.  This will allow others to see where you are in the process so they can better support you.

Again, welcome!

:smitten:

welcome  :) congratulation on your taper so far. You are doing a great job. You should be very proud of yourself. This is a great place for support. We have many different boards. Feel free to post on any of them. I look forward to reading your future posts. I think they will be inspirational to others.