Switching from 3 pills in my suspension to 1 pill?

[Om...]

Hello fellow Benzobuddies. Ive been tapering daily for a while now. I started with the whole of my dose (3 0.5 mg Ativan pills) in my liquid suspension and now that I am down to roughly 30% of what use to be my full daily dose I was wondering if I could remake my suspension using just 1 0.5 mg pill instead of all 3? My thinking is that 100% of the suspension that contains a single pill would be the same as 33% of the suspension that contains 3 pills?

Some math--- 100% suspension using 0.5 mgs is 0.5 mgs

-----33% of a suspension using 1.5 mgs is ALMOST 0.5 mgs

So would it be safe to start using one pill and continue tapering at the same speed from there? I just don't want to switch to a 1 pill suspension down from 3 and it end up being some major cut and throw my taper off. I made the 2 different suspensions in 2 separate containers, let the Ativan settle, and tried to eyeball the results on which had more, but it was almost impossible to tell. It seemed that the container with what started with 3 pills (did a 66% reduction, then added the same amount of pure water back to the mix as what I had taken out, so that the suspension with 1 pill and the suspension that started with 3 pills had the same amount of fluid) seemed to have a bit more Ativan in it than the 1 pill suspension.

Has anyone been through this? If it was a true solution I wouldn't worry about it as much, but its not so Im worried that there may be differences. Im just trying to save some medication as I might have to slow down my taper rate because its getting a bit rough. Any advice is appreciated

I also had the same concern when I went from 2 - 2mg Valium pills down to 1 in July ( I had removed 50% of my milk - so figured I would save the pills and make a less potent solution)..I got myself really freaked out about it...and asked the same questions on BB.

Anyway - I removed the pill - and had 1 day of significantly ramped up withdrawal, better the next - and fine after that. I don't know for sure if it was the pill being removed - or I just seriously freaked myself out:)...

Regardless - I had one pretty rough day - then fine.. so if the mixture wasn't close - I would have been really screwed up for 2 weeks.. so I assume there was a small cut in there - plus a huge dose of self imposed stress.

My conclusion is that milk titration is pretty accurate or you would be hurting along the way - plus everyone dose it and removes pills. If your really worried, you may pull a little more out and then remove the pill - to give yourself a cushion.

M

Thanks for the swift reply Mark. Its good to have someone respond who has actually done it. Im actually a few days below the mark of 33.3%, which in using math tells us that Ive already tapered 2 pills. So what Ive done was made the suspension of 100ML (5ML vodka to dissolve the Ativan and 95ML water) and divided that into my three doses. In an attempt to give myself even further cushion, I made the same suspension in a separate jar and am keeping it separate. I simply took 6ML out of it and put it in each jar of my doses. So I basically backtracked a week on my taper by doing this, but I believe its better to do this and end up at a SLIGHTLY higher dose (the math comes out to .105 mg) and start my taper at the same speed from there (after about a week hold of course), than to just make the suspension with 1 pill and it being some huge cut and messing my world up royally.

Id feel better about it if I were on Valium and did a milk taper, since Valium binds well with milk, but Im on Ativan and it does HORRIBLE with milk. It doesn't even dissolve in water. It tends to want to settle at the bottom of my jar, so I have to stir vigorously while I make my cuts, lest they be uneven. I use the same stir speed, draw speed with my oral syringe, and positioning of the syringe in the jar every day, to avoid any discrepancies in my cuts.

Again, thank you for taking the time to respond, and simply not reading my post and not offering any input :) May God bless you during the rest of your taper and healing process.