Has anyone tried Seriphos to lower cortisol?

[Ki...]

My experience is that it didn't do much for cortisol surges with regards to benzo withdrawal.  I did get some relief with vitamin C. I'd take about 500 mgs in the morning and it seemed to minimize the next mornings early morning surge.  If I took it too late or more than 500 mg it'd give me insomnia tho. But it was inconsistent so for now I'm on .1 mg of clonidine (alpha blocker).  That seems to help me the most.

But from what I've read Seriphos is supposed to help.  I just didn't have much luck with it or ashwaganda (sp). I got a little relief from L-theanine, but it was subtle.

WWWI

Here's a longish Seriphos thread I started about a year ago when I was experimenting with it which you might find interesting. I'm not sure how the other people who were using it at the same time are going these days with it, but I haven't used it for a while now. I'm not sure whether I'm for or against it. It certainly did seem to help when I first started using it, but I found it was very much a case of "everyone is different" and it does need quite a bit of experimentation to find the right dose for you, and the right time to take it. However, nothing ventured nothing gained. Give it a try and see what happens.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=91249.0

• 2 weeks later...
I tried it....didn't really seem to do much but I kept taking it for around two months and then stopped.  Didn't notice much difference when I started, nor when I stopped BUT the thing is, I actually saw A LOT of gradual improvements in those two months and actually recently wrote a success story.  I think it was mostly just regular healing time but did the Seriphos help as well?  It's a bit hard for me to say but I will admit that it IS possible.  My advice is, try it for yourself.  It can't hurt.