Tongue feels as if it's swollen????

[ru...]

Anyone ever get this feeling from stress tension anxiety? My tongue, mostly near the back of it, feels like it's swollen and strained. Then I worry that it will keep swelling and I won't be able to breathe.

I hope it's just another of the many physical symptoms brought on by chronic anxiety. I'd feel better if anyone could relate and reassure me I'm not getting another disease......thanks hypochondria, I really need more things to obsess about.

Thanks for all replies.

I can't address the sensation of a swollen tongue but this video may help.

I have had various sensations in my neck and throat and even went to an ENT who dxed globus hystericus. 

It probably would help to see a doctor if only for reassurance.

Hello.

I can totally relate. My tongue feels swollen a lot of the time. It feels awful and I worry I'm going to swill ow it or something . I've had that sensation for awhile now but it comes and goes. I'm not a dr either so you do what make sense to you, but I most defiantly have dealt with that and severe dental pain. I chewed on a tooth brush for months. Seemed to effect my whole head and neck .

It will pass !  :)

Heather

Inexperienced this symptom while I was on klonopin but not while on X. I found continually sucking on cough candies helped.

Awful sensation. I'm sorry you have to fight through that. Hope it's short lived.

I have this mostly on the right side in the back. My glands also hurt under that side. I worry about this. I went to ENT and he didn't find anything but I'm going back to a different one next week. Hope you feel better.

My glands are also swollen all over my head and under the ears and jaw line. dr gave me a CAT scan and it showed all the swollen glands but he didn't no what to do. They went back down  a few months into my c/t but when I reinstated and began to taper, they have started to swell again.

I hope that puts u at ease a little

Heather

Thanks Buddies for your replies.  :)  I think it's anxiety related as it comes and goes. After I posted the question, the swelling sensation/feel like it may choke me, subsided. It did come back today but I'm feeling anxious/stressed again so the subconscious strain I have in my jaw and mouth must have something to do with it. I also noticed my tongue pressing on the roof of my mouth so chalk it up to part of the withdrawl and carry on!!!

Thanks again.