Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I would like to be free

[su...]

Hello- I have been taking Klonopin off and on for 15 years, I have also battled addiction both to benzo's and opiates. I am in recovery and consider most of my addict behavior to be under control, I just can't seem to let go of klonopin and am looking for inspiration and support. My present dose is .5mg ( I have been on as much as 2mg a day ) I recently tried to stop and had 3 days of the most terrifying anxiety with all the physical symptoms that go along. I know their is a big part of me that doesn't want to stop- I enjoy it most of the time and crave more and then of course the part of me that knows I will be chained to it forever if I don't get off. Thanks for reading

Hi,  sunday night.

Welcome to benzobuddies!

I was also on benzos for a long time (29 years) and was able to come off them. I'm really glad you've been able to get help for the opiates. Sounds like a good time to start a slow and gentle Klonopin withdrawal. You've come to the right place, as you'll find a lot of information and support here. 

A good resource about benzodiazepines is the Ashton Manual. Here is a link to the manual: Professor Ashtons Manual  It’s great for learning about these meds and for taper plans. Ashton recommends reducing between 5 - 10% every 10/14 days.

You'll find a great community of people here who will support and encourage you. Feel free to check out the forum and to post to any of the dedicated boards.

In addition to the Ashton Manual, here are some other resources:

For tapering advice, post here General Taper Plans

For support with any symptoms you may have, post here: Withdrawal Support

Please add a signature (history of medication/doses etc). It will help members give you relevant advice. This link will show you how to Create a signature

Please let us know if you have any questions.

~ Mind