yes, It is possible to beat the Benzos!

[pu...]

I am extremely happy to write I'm sitting here, have not had a benzo for two days, and am extremely proud of myslef!

I first posted on this site four months ago, at the beginning of my taper, and I

thought this day would never get here.

Minutes seemed like hours, hours like days, days like weeks-during my taper.

It was by far one of my toughest experiences I've had to endure, but I'm

happy to say, it is over, and it is possible to win!

I still am dealing with withdrawl symptoms, but nothing compared to the severity

or the intensity of the sympyoms I got through in the beginning of my taper.

I am very gratefull for having found Benzo Buddies, and for the support I recieved

from Mal, Stoneyco, Lorilee,Trueblue,and Nomoredrugs-just to name a few.

I've learned throughout this taper that taking those little bastard white or peach

pills will not solve your problems in life, or make things easier to deal with. What

they will do is make you go into tolerance, and eventually have to endure a Benzo

taper that is like a horrendous ride that you want to end, but it will not stop.

Eventually my life will be a normal, as I have read in this site-in success stories,

and I would like to congradulate myself, and also thank my lord, Jesus Christ, for

helping give me strength, during my ride.

Sincerely, Pushover

Hi pushover,

Congratulations!!  :yippee: I am so happy to hear from you and that you have slayed the beast!!  :oXo:

Speedy healing to you!! Check back whenever you can and let us know how you are doing!!

T2 :smitten:

Oh Beth I am so glad!  I knew you could do it.  Stay strong and remember that you are healing.  It will get better and better for you as time goes on.  You are an incredibly strong person.  I know that is a fact!  Again, Congratulations!  I am so happy for you.

mal

Hi Beth,

My girl, you did it.  Now just hang tough for awhile.  Every month will get better and better.  Congratulations!!!!  :yippee: :yippee:

Patty  xo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Congratulations on your recovery and I agree as I too am conquering the benzo monster(Klonopin) it is the hardest test I have ever been through... But it has made me stronger, I believe as bad as it is everything happens for a purpose... GOD doesn't give us anymore than we can bare.....

" All things work together for good to those who love GOD and are called according to his purpose"....

Congrats again....

And may GOD continue to bring blessings and healing to you that you cannot imagine or contain....

Amen

Hey Natedogg:

I was thinking I was the only one who had to go very, very slowly with my taper (I get discouraged by reading that other's can go much faster), but your taper seems very similar to mine.  PLUS - what you have quoted is by far what gives me the most hope in all of this - that all things work together for good to those who love God.....  I do believe that, but man!  Can it be rough to feel that through all of this.  I wish you the very best in your taper, and I'll be praying for you.  I'm so glad we have a place like this to find support and love and encouragement.