Chemical Sensativities

[ro...]

Anyone else having chemical sensativities starting at months or even at least a year after stopping their benzo? I've gone through almost every brand of shampoo and they ALL rev me up BAD starting at over a year off. It revs my anger/hypervigilence up like mofo. I'm very VERY fed up with all this s#!t!!

hey RF, i'm not sure if you only wanted to hear from people post taper. i'm just under 9mgs. of valium and i have some chemical sensitivities. i wouldn't consider the symptom to be very severe. just bothersome sometimes. most shower soaps rev me up and give me pins and needles. now using irish spring with aloe. it's glutamate free. my usual irish spring did have glutamate. switched detergent to to purex. no more itchy skin and clothes. all i have to do is walk down the cleaner/detergent isle at the supermarket and i can feel the tingling start. even using windex and stuff like that affects me but quickly goes away when i'm finished with the offending product....

I get products with no perfumes etc from Amazon - so I have this but had it before being on benzos.  A lot of the 'natural products' also cause me issues so I use "Free and Clear" products.  I also use Dove perfume free soap and have been okay with this. If you are not allergic to aloe vera (I am) there are lots of chemical free products  for hair and body that have this in it.  Just skin test yourself first using  your wrist before using it on your whole body and hair and remember do the test 2 x's - the first time you may not react. 

Sorry for being impatient. I tried a new brand of shampoo and conditioner a couple days ago and it threw me into acute withdrawal. The rage is/was very intense along with anxiety. Drinking LOTS of water and thank God I remembered the bottle of Rhodiola root extract I had sitting in the kitchen cupboard, that helped to knock the edge off pretty good. I can't believe how intense it wound me up. It made me psychotic!! Uncontrollable nasty thoughts of violence and plenty of fear to boot. This far out and I'm getting this. I'm so tired. I know I'll make it. Everyone will. :thumbsup:

I take alot of binders and detox.

Having home renovations done and told hubby to only use chemical free / low VOC materials. Yeah right.....all the chemicals are causing massive symptoms. Feels like w/d all over again. I had a list of safe products but none were used and after an hour of being home my head is smashing, ears a ringing, migraine auras and burning eyes. So no you definitely are not alone!