5% cut/week or 10% cut/2 weeks?

[Li...]

Hi All,

Thinking of changing my cut to 10% every two weeks, to give enough time to adapt to the cut, instead of the current 5% every week?

Any thoughts/recommendations/experiences on this?

Thanks so much!

Lisa

It's hard to answer this question without knowing your reaction to cutting at 5% every week.  But for most people, smaller cuts more often, seem to work better than a larger cut less often.

I would not cut weekly and quite frankly with you titrating, I'm wondering why you're doing this.  Are you cutting and holding via titration?  Most people who titrate do a daily taper rather than cut and hold.

When I say I would not cut weekly, what I mean is this.  By cutting on a set schedule, we sometimes have a tendency to go ahead and cut when the day we've scheduled the cut arrives.  Sometimes the body has not reached it's pre-cut baseline by this point in time and may need a few more days.  So doing a weekly or even every two week cut may make us overtaper and cause some unnecessary and long lasting symptoms.  Rather, I'd listen carefully to my body and cut small and then wait for my pre-cut baseline to come back, (feel like I did pre-cut), and only then would I make another cut.  This is cut and hold I am describing, not a daily taper like one would usually do via titration.

Thank you, All. That's very helpful.

I feel like I need a 2 week cut rather than a 1 week cut because it takes time for my body to get used to it.

But yes, maybe I should wait and not plan out a schedule. Just listen to my body.

Thing is the taper is taking longer than the 4 months I was on the drug.

I took it to treat tinnitus in my first year, and feel the longer I am on it, the less my natural gaba will beat tinnitus in its first critical year.

It originally helped me to sleep and cut my sounds by half. But if I had known then what I had known now, I would only have gone on the benzo for 4 weeks.

Doctors in the US prescribe long term benzos for tinnitus like candy, without informing of the consequences of possibly worsening tinnitus in the long term.

Thanks for all the advice. Really appreciate it.