pull to dose

[je...]

hello everyone. i am starting my taper today. i was on ativan for 2 1/2 months, then crossed over to valium which took 4 weeks, and held for 4 w eeks.

i am titrating with milk, but i guess a lot of us just take our cut and throw the rest away.

can i hear explanations on what does pull to dose mean--i don't know if i can understand it, and buying milk isn't an issue, but i'll listen to all explanations.

i am titrating 10mg of valium.

thanks everyone. is the pull to dose more important once a person is throwing away a lot of milk, i.e. half way to the 100 ml point (1mg) versus just starting out.

look forward to hearing from anyone!

I'm not sure what "pull to dose" means either, because I've never heard anyone use that term. The only "pull" I can think of is when you "pull" your dose up into a syringe to measure it.

If it's any help at all, have a read of the method I have in the first link in my signature. That's the method I used for daily titration for valium. Hopefully it might answer most of your questions.

It's also not really necessary to throw away a lot of milk. As your daily dose gets lower you can use the remainder of the milk mixture as part of the next day's dose. A milk mixture should probably last at least 4-5 days, or however long the milk stays fresh for.

hello everyone. i am starting my taper today. i was on ativan for 2 1/2 months, then crossed over to valium which took 4 weeks, and held for 4 w eeks.

i am titrating with milk, but i guess a lot of us just take our cut and throw the rest away.

can i hear explanations on what does pull to dose mean--i don't know if i can understand it, and buying milk isn't an issue, but i'll listen to all explanations.

i am titrating 10mg of valium.

thanks everyone. is the pull to dose more important once a person is throwing away a lot of milk, i.e. half way to the 100 ml point (1mg) versus just starting out.

look forward to hearing from anyone!

You can either "pull to dose", or "pull to disccard".

"Pull to discard" means you draw off a specific volume from a batch, discard what you drew off, and drink the remainder.

"Pull to dose" means you draw off a specific volume and drink that as your dose.

Thanks builder. Makes sense, I've just never heard anyone use those terms. I guess you can do either, depending on what your dose is. I personally preferred to never discard any more than I had to. I would always use up my "left overs" as part of or all of my next dose.

• 1 month later...

Hi - sorry to jump in on your thread here....I have a question and I think you guys may have the answer  :D

I'm starting a liquid daily titration but am having trouble wrapping my head around the conversion from mg to ml.

My solution will be 100ml water/1mg Ativan.

Does that equal 1mg/10ml??

If I currently dose .44mg per day, is the conversion 4.40ml?

I dose 5x a day......so would that be .88ml per dose?

I have a 10ml and 1ml syringe and don't know how to read them!!!! I feel like such a dork  :-\

Hi - sorry to jump in on your thread here....I have a question and I think you guys may have the answer  :D

I'm starting a liquid daily titration but am having trouble wrapping my head around the conversion from mg to ml.

1) My solution will be 100ml water/1mg Ativan.

Does that equal 1mg/10ml??

2) If I currently dose .44mg per day, is the conversion 4.40ml?

I dose 5x a day......so would that be .88ml per dose?

I have a 10ml and 1ml syringe and don't know how to read them!!!! I feel like such a dork  :-\

1)  1 mg=100ml.

2)  .44mg=44 ml.