Nurofen plus

[Ba...]

Hi, I searched for an old topic on this but couldn't find one, so apologies mods if one already exists.

Is it safe to take nurofen plus on a xanex taper. I cracked a rib in a fall and am in agony. Paracetamol isn't cutting it.

Hi, Ballou, I used to have bad headaches whilst taking 6 mg of clonazepam and occasionally took Nurofen Plus with no ill-effects. Not sure if this is technically/medically correct but as I say I was just fine. Eventually I had to c/t off clonazepam which caused even more headaches so kept taking the Nurofen. Now I take nothing at all.

Probaly best to see your GP as per your plan, as I am not sure Nurofen Plus will be enough for a cracked rib. How was the cracked rib diagnosed - did you have an X-ray?

All the best.

O

Hi overture man, thanks for the reply.

Took some with no ill effects so it was all good.

Yeah I was in hospital after a blackout due to xanex and alcohol. I completely smashed my face and chest. No fun! The chest didn't hurt much at the time but has gotten progressively worse.

I'm back in the doctors tomorrow so will get a second opinion just in case I've developed an infection or something.

Yeah know what you mean!

I have had seizures from alcohol/clonazepam - not good. Also went to hospital more than once. Luckily never broke any bones but badly bruised on one occasion.

Good luck with your doctor and hope you get positive news and help with a taper. Just dont go c/t as I did. Not good but ok now.

Cheers

O