UPDATE on the BOSTON GLOBE ARTICLE...

[pa...]

Our BB featured in the article received the following from the journalist who wrote the story, and she asked me to post this for her:

"Alison,  I've been hearing from a lot of readers who were really glad to see the story, who have had their own struggles with benzos, or have people close to them who have, and really appreciated you sharing your story."

"Thanks for reaching out to us and being so candid."  "It's making an impact."

Jeremy Fox, Correspondent 

For any that have not read the Article, here is the link to that thread:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=116169.0

Thanks Pattylu for letting us know of Jeremy's email of what the response from readers is saying.  One person reading that article and it helping is a success.  We know that more than one person read it, majority of which didn't write in to tell the affects the article had on them. That article is forever out there with internet unlike the printed paper. Even after all the printed pages get wrapped around something for a shipment of another item, or tossed in the trash, or put down for a pet to relieve itself on - going beyond being readable, the article will still exist and keep finding it's way to someones computer screen. Thus Alie's story will continue to help on and on.  :thumbsup:

I know from my own personal hands I have emailed the link to friends and family. I ran a copy and took it to my counselor today and like all the other times I gave her information she asked permission to share it with the other counselors, doctor and PA in her office. From there it will continue to be passed from one person to another.  It reminds me of the pyramid charts I use to see from business proposals. One person can make a difference, usually beyond their knowledge of the impact they have had.

And then once in a while one gets to hear of that impact.  I heard from my counselor today that the office I attend has started the practice of anyone that comes to their group for treatment and is on a benzo the patient along with the doctor, PA and or counselor sign a contract that the goal is for the patient to become benzo free with tapering slowly with the Ashton manual suggestions and the support of the office personnel. They are also referring people to BB for that support.  My counselor said she has been reading and passing on all the information I have been supplying her for over 2 years now. That she has seen me transform in front of her very eyes. She didn't know a whole lot about benzos, especially the protracted wd when I started with her, but she was willing to learn. What she learned she shared and now the whole office is on the same page and helping their patients get off.  So this one patient, me seeking help thru this hell ran off article after article, sometimes it was a printout from a BB post. I ran off anything I could to show it wasn't just me, that there were other people out there like me. I wanted to be believed so I kept sharing the knowledge.  Today I was validated more than I ever dreamed would be possible, to hear that contracts are being signed committing to help people get off benzos. Yes I have transformed before her eyes. Healing does happen, it may take a while for some of us, but it does happen.

Thanks Pattylu for letting us know of Jeremy's email of what the response from readers is saying.  One person reading that article and it helping is a success.  We know that more than one person read it, majority of which didn't write in to tell the affects the article had on them. That article is forever out there with internet unlike the printed paper. Even after all the printed pages get wrapped around something for a shipment of another item, or tossed in the trash, or put down for a pet to relieve itself on - going beyond being readable, the article will still exist and keep finding it's way to someones computer screen. Thus Alie's story will continue to help on and on.  :thumbsup:

I know from my own personal hands I have emailed the link to friends and family. I ran a copy and took it to my counselor today and like all the other times I gave her information she asked permission to share it with the other counselors, doctor and PA in her office. From there it will continue to be passed from one person to another.  It reminds me of the pyramid charts I use to see from business proposals. One person can make a difference, usually beyond their knowledge of the impact they have had.

And then once in a while one gets to hear of that impact.  I heard from my counselor today that the office I attend has started the practice of anyone that comes to their group for treatment and is on a benzo the patient along with the doctor, PA and or counselor sign a contract that the goal is for the patient to become benzo free with tapering slowly with the Ashton manual suggestions and the support of the office personnel. They are also referring people to BB for that support.  My counselor said she has been reading and passing on all the information I have been supplying her for over 2 years now. That she has seen me transform in front of her very eyes. She didn't know a whole lot about benzos, especially the protracted wd when I started with her, but she was willing to learn. What she learned she shared and now the whole office is on the same page and helping their patients get off.  So this one patient, me seeking help thru this hell ran off article after article, sometimes it was a printout from a BB post. I ran off anything I could to show it wasn't just me, that there were other people out there like me. I wanted to be believed so I kept sharing the knowledge.  Today I was validated more than I ever dreamed would be possible, to hear that contracts are being signed committing to help people get off benzos. Yes I have transformed before her eyes. Healing does happen, it may take a while for some of us, but it does happen.

Thank you for sharing Pattylu,  its great America is finally wising up  :)

Stillbelieving - further to your reply regarding Dr and counsellor contract.  This is called shared care in Australia and is the protocol for tapering from benzo's,  opiates and Psychiatric drugs. I have agreed to be a case study for my Benzo wise Dr :thumbsup: