Advice on milk titration

[tr...]

Hi I want to reduce 1mg of my diazepam in 100ml of milk . Do I need to to drink the full 100ml for a while before I reduce the amount . Have just read on here that it needs to be done for your system to get used to it . Rest of my dose will be in tablet form .

Thanks

I'm not totally convinced you need to, but it certainly won't hurt.

I think the main time you need to hold your dose, and get used to things, is when you are switching to a totally different type of delivery, eg if you are switching from using tablets to using liquid valium. There is some evidence that there could be a difference in the potency, or the way it is absorbed, so holding for a while is probably a good thing to do.

However, if you are just going from taking all your dose as tablets, and then just adding a bit of milk to the equation, nothing really is changing, unless of course you have an issue with the milk itself. It's really no different to just taking your tablets with a glass of milk.

Having said all that, and seeing as I have a decent dose of paranoia when it comes to benzos, I would probably hold for at least a few days, even though I’m not that sure I would really need to. ;)

Hi,

Things I've learned:  You can use organic milk if regular milk bothers you and that might help.  Do not use ultra ultra pasteurized. Valium does dissolve in milk. It's the filler that you see at the bottom. Just whirl it around a little bit to mix in the filler a little.  I think Diaz-Pam does it like I do, divided it into three doses, even your portion of a pill and take it with your whole pills. Personally, I don't like the cut and suffer method.  Almond milk doesn't work.  Two percent doesn't work.

Food does matter.  Eat clean. 

I've made all the mistakes everybody else has. 

Good luck to you. :)

Jenny

hi tragaz, when i hit 10 mgs. of V, i went from pill+liquid to all liquid dosing. with all liquid, i notice no difference in absorption. (all liquid is much easier all around; prep, removing amts., ect.)..bjunk

Thanks all for your help , I did think as it just the 1mg being in liquid form for my reduction and the rest of dose it tabs it wouldn't make much difference , either way it's better than what my doc wants to to do which is to just cut and hold for 2 weeks so wouldn't have the extra at all on a daily basis . Thanks Tracy