Does one experience wd's if they strictly follow a very slow titration taper?

[Co...]

Hi All,

My question is does someone still go into wd if they follow a very slow titration plan?

I am on .5 K every day split into a .25 AM dose and a .25 PM dose (equivalent to 10 mgs a day of Valium).

If I titrate either 1% a day for 100 days or titrate 10% every 7-10 days for 70 or 100 days will I still experience a withdrawal? Are there still side effects? I know everyone is different but I was wondering if anyone could chime in and tell me their experience with a very slow taper. What happened when you hit zero?

Thanks for sharing you experience, strength, and hope.

Steve

IMO yes, anyone who is dependent and tapers will be in withdrawal.  But I also think if done right the experience does not have to be all that bad.  We need to create a shortage to stimulate the reversal process (healing), but if we keep that shortage slight we can feel fairly well.  The job then becomes staying in that zone all through the taper.

The rate you drop at is determined by your body.  My advice would be to not start looking for it at 1% per day, but instead start lower and search upwards.  A daily cut of .001mg per day might be a good place to start at a dose of .5mg.

Some people are lucky enough to not get any side effects when they do a slow taper, but I think most people will experience some kind of minor effects. The main thing is to try to keep your tapering amount to a level where any side effects you have are manageable, and not effecting your lifestyle too much. You also need to throw all time tables out the window. It's going to take as long as it's going to take. Trying to rush a taper always ends up badly.

I took 22 months to taper off 5mg of valium and I tapered off to absolute zero. I'm glad I took that route. I'm now about 6 weeks benzo-free and I'm pretty much symptom free. I still have a few nights here and there where my sleep is a bit iffy, but on the whole things have been pretty good.

Not to hijack- But I'm starting a K taper as well.

1mg once a day.

to SG57- would you recommend .001 per day for 1mg as well?

thanks (and sorry for the hijack!)

Not to hijack- But I'm starting a K taper as well.

1mg once a day.

to SG57- would you recommend .001 per day for 1mg as well?

thanks (and sorry for the hijack!)

Yes, I would.  It might be a little low, but that is not a bad thing.  You can always adjust up in a few weeks if it seems you can go faster.