Getting close to switching my evening and daily dose to milk - advice

[Ma...]

Hey buddies.. making progress... down to 2.3 yeah.. anyway.. heres the question

I take my night dose around 11PM via milk (dissolve 2mg tab and pull cuts from this dose) - currently 1.3 at night..

Then I take my day time dose of 1mg with half a 2mg tablet split...havent been cutting from day dose.

When I get to 2mg total - i.e. 1mg at night and 1mg during day - I plan on switching to milk dosing for both. Assuming best approach is to dissolve a 2mg tab in milk - shake/swish - then take out cut - and divide the remaining up 50% for am and 50% for PM...

Other option is to make up a morning and evening dose with 1 mg in each one - and pull from each one...

Any practical advice or experience on which is easier, better? worried about making one batch and splitting - as I don't know how accurate that is?

On another note, milk dosing during the day seems like a pain -as now I have to figure our how to deal with taking it at work!

Thanks much

Do you really need to cut from each dose? If you don't like the idea of taking your milk mixture during the day, perhaps you could just take the 1mg (half tablet) and continue to cut from your other dose in the evening. Of course that would end up with you only taking 1 dose during day, and then you would have to cut from that eventually, and I'm not sure if that's what you want to do. However, once you get to 1mg perhaps you could move that dose to the evening and then you will only be taking it then, and you won't have to take it with you during the day.

If that doesn't work for you, my preferred method would be to make up one dose using the 2mg tablet and then split it in two. You probably don't need to be 100% accurate. Just eye-balling the amount should be close enough. The long half life of valium means you don't need to be absolutely spot on with the amounts, as long as you are taking the total amount in that 24 hour period.

Diaz-Pam,

Curious to know whether or not you expereinced anywithdrawal symptoms or side-effects with your taper?

And, how did you go from 1mg to .9 to .8 .7 .6 .5 .4 .3 .2 .1 etc? Which method did you use?

Thanks.

Steve from Westchester County, NY

I agree with DP that putting a full 2mg pill in the milk is the way to go.  Take cut out then split the remaining by eyeballing.

As for dosing, how about just moving your dose times so you are always dosing at home?  With two doses a day can you dose just before leaving for work in the morning and then dose 12 hours later once home again?

Sounds like a plan - will put the 2mg into milk, pull then split dose. Always irrationally fear the valium isn't evenly distributed:)

Have been taken the V pm dose right before bed - and haven't had any real issues w sleep (knock on wood) so far. Reluctant to change my routine and take it after dinner. Guess Ill deal w figuring out how to dose at work and see how it goes!

Can't complain - just happy to be down to final pill!!

Thanks!

M

• 3 weeks later...

Alright - coming up on 2mg this week - slow and steady but a milestone - yes!

Here is my plan on how to manage pill removal and switch of AM dose to milk.. please weigh in!

I currently put 2mg pill into 50ML milk  - and cut each night - dosing around 11:00 . Take 1 mg in pill  AM around 11:30..

Have now once again cut 50% of night time milk dose...  this should have total daily dose at 2mg (1mg PM / 1mg AM)

Will now try putting 1mg into night time dose and then hold for a few days - to ensure that removing 50% of milk has me at exactly 1mg..

Then will add 1mg into milk for day dose and hold - assuming this will feel like a cut, and I will need to hold. It took me 3 weeks to stabilize fully when I switched my original evening dose to milk - although it was much higher (4mg vs 1mg now)...

Assuming all ok - I will make 1 milk batch with 2mg pill - then split dose 50/50 for am/pm. I will take PM dose before bed - as it has been working great  - and then take am dose around 9. Not exactly 12 hours - but assuming thats ok.

Make sense buddies? Curious if I should expect such a rough transition to milk again? Also any thoughts on if it matters dosing 9-10 hours apart vs 12. 

Thanks! Mark

I think I follow what you are doing.  A little confused.  But it sounds like you take 1mg dry at 11am and 1+mg wet at 11pm?  And you are approaching 2mg and want to switch to all liquid with a 2mg pill, dosing 9am and 11pm?

Yes, good to hold as it might feel like a cut.  Definitely do not keep tapering.  I see symptoms waaay too much.

With dosing time it may not matter much.  I tend to think it is better to keep doses as close to 12 hour intervals as possible, but others would tell you to dose close to bed time for sleep.  I really don't know which is better and maybe there is no universal answer.  If 11pm has been working for you then maybe keep it there.  Another idea though would be to split the difference and dose at 9am and 10pm instead of 9 and 9 or 9 and 11.

thats right - you got it. I am right at 2mg this week - and have to switch both doses to liquid now.

Other option is keep tapering off my evening dose - but have heard from many the importance of even dosing. Not sure if it matters - I have been feeling pretty normal much of time since doses have evened out - but it may also be because I am getting very low in mgs?