Death of jim Dobbin MP

[po...]

Yes I did too, but didn't have time until today either.  I wonder what will happen to APPGITA, he will be difficult to replace.

RIP Jim Dobbin

• 2 weeks later...

This is really sad.  I only just heard about this now.  I once contacted Mr Dobbin by email to voice my support of APPGITA and to learn more about the cause.  Well he actually wrote back to me.  This is what he sent me:

Thank you very much for your kind words. APPGITA is trying to raise awareness of the huge and hidden number of involuntary tranquiliser addicts and the pain and suffering this addiction causes to both addicts and their families as well as the loss of their talents and strengths to the wider community. The NHS is going through a difficult time here and we feel very frustrated at present as we wait to see how things will turn out.

Please continue to communicate with your political representatives even when you feel you are going nowhere and keep the media involved with as much information as possible. It is not a popular cause and we are up against the powerful pharmaceutical industries but it is vital that we keep fighting.

Thanks again for your encouraging letter,

Kind regards

Jim Dobbin MP

This was back in 2011.  What a good man.  May he rest in peace.

• 2 weeks later...