Never feel sleepy

[Mi...]

How can we suffer such severe insomnia but not feel sleepy? I didn't sleep last night (again!) but feel wide awake. Napping is impossible. What is broken in our brain?

I haven't slept in 2 weeks and I.m not tired. It's so weird this thing we're going through. Hope you sleep soon. I'm rooting for you. It's crazy this. sincerely Lukewinter :thumbsup:

How can we suffer such severe insomnia but not feel sleepy? I didn't sleep last night (again!) but feel wide awake. Napping is impossible. What is broken in our brain?

i've been feeling the same way for the last 22 days. i am so exhausted but my brain just won't go under. its just won't get to that slow wave length for some reason. i haven't been able to nap and i've been falling asleep after 5am every single night. it's so awful. i am in so much need of that 4th stage deep sleep. i know it will bring a world of good to my emotional/mental state.

I absolutely despise feeling "tired but wired." In my opinion, insomnia is just another word for bring "too alert." I also have difficulty napping. I've been able to take one successful nap in the past 6 months. That in itself is a huge feat for me.

heya Courtney, many people forget or either don't know about the importance of the amino acid tryptophan in sleep. actually, and more importantly, how tryptophan gets to the brain. most people get an adequate amount of this 'essential' amino acid daily. and you would think that if you ate a high protein meal right before sleep it would work. but tryptophan on its own cannot cross the 'brain blood barrier.' for that to happen, it has to be transported there by carbohydrates. a person's last mean of the day should have minimal protein and greater carbs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tryptophan

heya Courtney, many people forget or either don't know about the importance of the amino acid tryptophan in sleep. actually, and more importantly, how tryptophan gets to the brain. most people get an adequate amount of this 'essential' amino acid daily. and you would think that if you ate a high protein meal right before sleep it would work. but tryptophan on its own cannot cross the 'brain blood barrier.' for that to happen, it has to be transported there by carbohydrates. a person's last mean of the day should have minimal protein and greater carbs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tryptophan

May not have been intended for me but thanks for the useful information! :)