Author Topic: Akathisia support  (Read 4884 times)

[Buddie]

Akathisia support
« on: September 08, 2014, 11:28:09 am »
I decided to start a thread about this in case there are any fellow sufferers of this lovely condition.

Anyone else living life in perpetual motion with all the doom and terror feelings that come with it?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Akathisia support
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 02:38:12 pm »
Is this when you feel like you are ALWAYS moving? If that is the case then that is me. Sitting or standing...even walking. It's the pits and I would love to hear from others as to when it goes away! I'm 4.5 months out....this didn't start until the week I jumped!  :'(
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 02:39:38 pm »
It's a compulsion to move all the time and feeling that you just can't sit or lie still. It's accompanied by mental torture.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 02:44:05 pm »
Oh so what I am dealing with is different. :-( sorry you are going through this.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 10:19:26 am »
I have this and I fight it because when I get up and move around my symptoms get worse ughhhh.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 03:47:29 pm »
It's a nightmare isn't it time? Walking and pacing don't help when you feel dizzy, your vision is off, you feel like something's sitting in your head and you feel like your legs and arms aren't attached to your body. If I'm not walking around, I either lie in bed jiggling my legs around or sit on a chair jiggling my legs around.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 04:18:28 pm »
I even paced in my dreams, it lifted around 5 to 6 months off.

[...] :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 07:39:28 pm »
Thanks [...]. It's always great to hear when people have recovered from this. I've had it non stop for a year.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 04:59:27 pm »
Sometimes I feel like I'd gladly chop off my own legs to get rid of the akathisia. Trouble is, it would then just go somewhere else!! It does that! I even had akathisia in my nose once! AARRGGHH!! Make it stop!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 10:47:14 am »
Feeling a bit lonely in my akathisia group. I wouldn't want anyone to have this symptom ever, but is there anyone who can relate?