Water titration using 5mg/ml Valium liquid. Please explain how to water titrate.

[mo...]

I'm 100% on the water titration train. I need to titrate from 2.5 mg to 2.25 and so on.  Can someone please explain to me how I actually do that with a 5mg/5ml Valium liquid? I have a ml syringe that goes down to .02.  Do I need anything else?  I can only use water to titrate as I am Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Alcohol and all allergen free due to a GI issue.

When you say "water titrate" and then say " 5/5 Valium liquid," to me those are conflicting statements.  It sounds like you want to use the Roxane 5/5?

Also, if you are that sensitive you might want to check the ingredients list for the 5/5 product.  It can be diluted with water though.

http://www.drugs.com/pro/diazepam-solution.html

Some people get their liquid V compounded with special ingredients due to stomach issues.

I think the best way would be to make a 100ml solution with the liquid valium you have, which is basically just putting 1ml of the LV with 99ml of water. Yours is the 1mg:1ml variety (or 5mg:5ml - it's the same thing), so it is very easy to do. Just have a look at the first link I have in my signature and that will explain it all. Just a note though.  If you do decide to go with making a 100ml solution, you will also need a 10ml syringe.

You usually only titrate 1mg of your dose at a time, and the rest of your dose is taken in tablet form. So in your case you could take 1mg in tablet form (so you will need to halve your tablets). Then you use 1ml of the LV and titrate that. However, if you find it easier you can use the LV for your entire dose and stop using tablets. It's really your choice. The only other suggestion I will make is that you should hold your dose for a week or two when you first switch to LV because sometimes people find that there is a slight difference in the potency. 

Hi Diaz Pam and sg57,

I have a question. Let's say I'm at 1.9 mg of Valium. Why couldn't I just use a syringe and pull 1.9 ml/mg of the liquid Valium directly? Why does one need to add water at all? The Valium comes in 5 mg/5 ml. I have 2 syringes one that breaks down to .02 ml on a 5 mg/ml scale and one that breaks down to .01 on a 1 mg/ml syringe scale?

I'm assuming that when you switch to LV you will be doing a daily taper, and the amounts you cut on a daily basis are very small. If you've got really good eye sight you might be able to use the LV undiluted, but it is quite hard to read those tiny marks on a 1ml syringe. As your dose gets lower you will probably need to cut smaller amounts each day. For example on the last leg of my taper I was cutting 0.005mg, and that would be impossible to measure on a 1ml syringe.

Also, 1ml of LV is very concentrated, and it would be very easy to make mistakes when you are cutting such small amounts each day. It is a lot easier if you dilute it with water because then the solution is much less concentrated, and you get a fair bit of wiggle room if you make any small errors. However, try using it undiluted if you think you can do it. You might be okay doing it that way for a while, but I think eventually you will need to dilute it. I can't think of anyone who's using LV undiluted.

You don't need to use the 1:100 ratio that I use. Some people use a 1:10 ratio (ie makes a 10ml solution instead of 100ml). The choice is yours. I personally preferred the 1:100 ratio because of the extra wiggle room it gave me when measuring my doses.

DP has summed it up.  Diluting equates to accuracy.  My preference was to use the 1:10 ratio.

Another way to get the same accuracy would be to get a better syringe - they are called "micropipettes."  There would be no need to dilute.  They seem like very nice tools and make the job easy.  If I were to taper again I'd probably use one.

Hell SG57 and thank you Diaz Pam,

I prefer to use the micropipette you mentioned..  What measurement should I look for?.  The one I have goes to .01 ml.  How much lower, or in what increments would I need exactly?

Just wanted to give a positive plug for liquid titration! I feel like a happy mad scientist when mixing and measuring my potions.

It has made my Ambien taper much smoother and easier than my dry-cutting Xanax one. I love moving down tiny amounts and thinking that I am tricking those benzos and my body.

Good luck, glad you are getting good advice.