Author Topic: The one thing you won't miss: FEAR  (Read 10990 times)

[Buddie]

Re: The one thing you won't miss: FEAR
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2018, 07:09:52 pm »
[...]-  Going on 15 months in two weeks and my brain fog is [...] bad as well, some days its not as bad as others.  My memory is all over the place, as I have so many things popping into my head at all times.  As far as depression goes, I get depressed when I realize how long I've been going through this withdrawal and seeing only minor improvements. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2018, 12:47:11 am »
This post has been read 6356 times. I can see why.
Thank you. I needed to read this.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2019, 04:35:32 am »
September 9th marks eight years free of benzo beast for me. The one thing that nobody misses is the paralyzing fear of never recovering. The fear of staying sick and feeling alone will vanish. You will recover and the crippling fear will subside. Many horrific symptoms accompany this experience, but the one that is most disturbing is the hopelessness and fear of staying sick. Those of us who have recovered can testify to you that your symptoms will go away at some point. The fear will go with them. Fear is not from God. It is from the enemy. Don't give up hope. Don't ever let the enemy win. Ever. Your miracle is waiting for you. I know it!

FEAR= FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL

Perfect love casts out fear. Thank you for the reminder.

[Buddie]

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2019, 07:56:27 pm »
I've just started my journey and reading success stories at night gives me hope that this pain and fear of not not recovering will go away one day.
One day I'll wakeup symptom free.
One day I'll enjoy my Life!

That day will come, if God has written it in my destiny!

Thanks for giving us hope.
 :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2019, 10:47:54 pm »
I've just started my journey and reading success stories at night gives me hope that this pain and fear of not not recovering will go away one day.
One day I'll wakeup symptom free.
One day I'll enjoy my Life!

That day will come, if God has written it in my destiny!

Thanks for giving us hope.
 :smitten:

This is a wonderful,   [...] thread and I truly enjoy reading some of it. I am well healed now but went through several years of WD crap (scuse my language!) I can tell all of you that you will heal but until you DO, you wont quite believe me. Healing can take some time .That was what surprised me the most. I had NO idea that benzo WD could take so long or be so severe. Now I know. I know now that all one has to do is hang on tight and try to learn how to cope with all those miserable symptoms.

[...], the pain and fear you are feeling is completely normal. You are experiencing normal withdrawal symptoms. Benzos are very powerful drugs, as they work on your brain. Benzos numb your fear center, the amygdala. When you go off benzos by any which way, the amygdala goes a bit crazy for a while, producing awful symptoms of severe anxiety, fear, insomnia, etc.
You just have to hang on and get through this, because you WILL heal unless you reinstate. This particular group of people should do better than most, because it seems you guys are determined to beat benzos and are being very sensitive to all of the issues we go through. Do not give up. You will make it through the Benzo Maze of Horror.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2019, 04:18:59 pm »
Thank you for writing this

Feels like my "golden years" are to be spent white-knuckling thru the [...] of my life

This is no life

You made it to the other side...but it still seems far away from here.

[Buddie]

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2019, 10:05:12 pm »
[...], I am not young either. I turned 69 this month, God help me. But I don't look it or feel it, because getting off benzos turned out to be affecting my health in some truly horrible and surprising ways. Getting old is not fun and it is scary enough without benzos on board. I have read a lot and have never read that older people have more difficult healing from benzos. In fact, it seems to me that older people are more resilient and have learned a lot of life's lesson which help them get through BWD.
Getting old is NOT for sissies!
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2019, 11:53:32 pm »
Thanks for your story I need it!

[Buddie]

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2019, 12:23:20 am »
Hi all. I'm 4.5 years off and 99% healed. I have a tiny bit of tinnitus left, but I barely notice it and only occasionally at night. I haven't been on BB in almost a year but someone sent me a message and I just thought I'd check in and offer some hope.

I had a million horrible sxs and at one time I counted over thirty hitting me all at once. THEY ALL GO AWAY!!! You won't even look back on them. You will be able to live a perfectly happy, normal life. The fear, pain, anxiety, just disappears. In many ways my life is better for this experience. My relationship with my wife of 34 years is stronger than ever. I learned a lot about health, whereas before I just trusted the doctors and took whatever pill they prescribed. Now I know better. My diet is better, my health is better, and at 55 I feel great. Hang in there, lean on your loved ones, pray if you believe in a God, and reach out here on this site. You will meet some real angels here that will help you through. I know I did and I thank God BB was here. Wishing speedy recovery for all of you!

[Buddie]

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2019, 10:22:30 am »
Hi all. I'm 4.5 years off and 99% healed. I have a tiny bit of tinnitus left, but I barely notice it and only occasionally at night. I haven't been on BB in almost a year but someone sent me a message and I just thought I'd check in and offer some hope.

I had a million horrible sxs and at one time I counted over thirty hitting me all at once. THEY ALL GO AWAY!!! You won't even look back on them. You will be able to live a perfectly happy, normal life. The fear, pain, anxiety, just disappears. In many ways my life is better for this experience. My relationship with my wife of 34 years is stronger than ever. I learned a lot about health, whereas before I just trusted the doctors and took whatever pill they prescribed. Now I know better. My diet is better, my health is better, and at 55 I feel great. Hang in there, lean on your loved ones, pray if you believe in a God, and reach out here on this site. You will meet some real angels here that will help you through. I know I did and I thank God BB was here. Wishing speedy recovery for all of you!

thank you so much for writing this. I'm so glad that you are feeling so well and this gives me hope.
I was having a bit of a window yesterday, but today I'm caught again in the benzo fear of never healing and it just feels so so real. This WD is truely just strange.
Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum and kind people like you are posting about their experience and their healing  :smitten: