Author Topic: The one thing you won't miss: FEAR  (Read 10892 times)

[Buddie]

Re: The one thing you won't miss: FEAR
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 04:05:30 pm »
Denise, these are wonderful posts! You have explained things very, very well. Fear was my worst symptom: it was total and complete terror of everything. As it finally slipped away, it was like a veil lifting off my very being.....such relief. I still get twinges of it now, at two years. But SO much less of it.......
[...]
 :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 04:52:20 pm »

FEAR= FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL

Happy anniversary & thank you for this message of hope and love!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 04:55:51 pm »
Thank you for coming back to tell us your story. Congratulations on 8 years out...what a beautiful accomplishment. I am grateful you took time to visit and that you are fully healed!
Warmly,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 05:20:50 pm »
Wonderful post....thanks :-\

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 06:22:03 pm »
If I had a magic wand I'd wave it over everyone who has ever suffered at the hands of Big Pharma and end your pain. Trusting a doctor and a prescription took the wrong turn for us somehow...like a bad b-rated movie, we find ourselves lost in a maze of confusion. Like a bizarre conspiracy we cannot escape....a personal attack on our body and brain. Really, nobody can understand the desperation unless they lived it. The benzo tornado roars in like an F-5. It's beyond all human comprehension. It's beyond all reason. How unbelievable to think any legal drug could wreak such havoc even after months or years after the last pill.  Why me? Right? Why not me? There is a purpose to suffering. I do know that. Suffering produces perseverance, endurance, and hope.

I think back to that time with disbelief. I look at my life now in disbelief. The entire experience was not of this world. But, it ends. As bad as you feel now with the body-wide pain, anxiety, DP/DR, tingling, insomnia, panic, depression, hopelessness, burning, fear, numbness, nausea, bad thoughts, and everything else...you do know none of these things are normal. Nobody can be this sick from nothing. This stuff doesn't just fall from the sky. They come directly from benzo drugs. These symptoms make no sense yet we face them every day, every night, terrified of tomorrow. What a ridiculous way of living...just waiting...and waiting...and waiting. But, our waiting isn't in vain.

One day, the waiting is over. And, the old you knocks on your door and says, "I'm back!"

Hello stranger! Welcome home!

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 06:40:31 pm »
 :smitten: :smitten:  I needed to read this today as I felt really good for the last month and I got slammed into a wave a few days ago.  I had to cxl some charity work I was looking forward to.  It helped me reading how good you feel. Thx!

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 07:29:23 pm »
Thanks for your update, Denise.  I'm 3 years off as of this week.  I live my life in spite of continued chronic symptoms, but I try to not let them slow me down.

Were you protracted, and if so, how long did it take to feel mostly recovered?

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 07:30:13 pm »

What a ridiculous way of living...just waiting...and waiting...and waiting. But, our waiting isn't in vain.

One day, the waiting is over. And, the old you knocks on your door and says, "I'm back!"

Hello stranger! Welcome home!

I am soooooooooooooo waiting for restored me to knock on the door any minute now!

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 09:15:07 pm »
I'm not sure what protracted means. I really don't like that term as it scares people into thinking they are left behind and have less hope of recovering. We heal when we heal. I have been working out at the gym for five years now and that seems to have helped a lot. I do trigger point massage for any and all muscle pain. It works. God bless. Just know you will recover. You won't be the oddball or the exception. Your body will recover from the madness. Hopefully sooner than later.  :laugh:

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 03:34:33 am »
Your words bring such comfort and hope. You express yourself in a way that brings reassurance to me. I appreciate that you don't downplay the hideous nature of BW and tell it like it is. I too believe there is a divine purpose in suffering. We may not see it in the pit but God will make it clear later.

Blessings to you for the continued encouragement you bring to us still in the mire.❤️