Query on liquid taper confused help

[tr...]

Hi would just like to clarify . I currently take 5mg Valium per day I need to reduce 1mg per day for two weeks so I will take 4mg per day plus my 1mg in 100 ml liquid reduced by the correct amount as per instructions on here on a daily basis until 14 days are up then continue down to 3 mg tabs and solution . My hubby understands it , just confuses me lol

[70...]
Sounds right to me.  A little confusion about this tapering/number crunching stuff is pretty normal.  Sounds like your husband can help you with this.

Sorry I'm a little confused by your post. I'm sure you don't mean you are planning on reducing 1mg per day. At least I hope not.

Are you planning on reducing 1mg over 14 days, using the 1mg tablet in 100ml of milk method? That will mean you will be reducing by just over 7ml per day. If so, that's a very quick taper when you are on just 5mg.

[70...]

Sorry I'm a little confused by your post. I'm sure you don't mean you are planning on reducing 1mg per day. At least I hope not.

Are you planning on reducing 1mg over 14 days, using the 1mg tablet in 100ml of milk method? That will mean you will be reducing by just over 7ml per day. If so, that's a very quick taper when you are on just 5mg.

That's pretty much what I thought she meant.  I thought the 1 mg/day was just a miscommunication thing.

Hi thanks for your replys and yes it is 1mg per day as instructions by my doc they won't let me reduce less . I have reduced 1 mg per day every two weeks from 15mg per day . Yes it would be a drop of 7ml per day . Its either that or I have to just stop the 1mg tablet outright . I haven't a sympathetic psych . As the lowest tabs are 2mg that we can get I assume that's why they do the 1mg per day for two weeks and then so on . The only thing they sometimes let me do is stabilise a bit longer . The other alternative is to split my 1mg tab in half and do that way . Hope you understand what I'm saying . Is 1mg per day , so is 7ml drop each day for 14 weeks ? Thanks tragaz

Sorry, when you said 1mg per day, that sounded to me like you are reducing 1mg today, another 1mg tomorrow, a further 1mg the next day, and in 5 days you have reduced the entire 5mg. Now I understand that you mean you are reducing 1mg, and taking a total of 4mg per day, and holding there for 14 days. Sorry, it was probably the way I read it.

I honestly can't offer too much advice other than to say that I think that reducing 1mg over 14 days is probably going a bit too fast, but everyone is different and you may be able to cope with that. If you think you will be struggling, and you don't think you'll have enough tablets to allow you to go any slower, all I think you can do is try to talk to your doctor and tell him/her you need to go at your own pace, not theirs, or see if you can find a more sympathetic doctor.

Hi thanks so much for your reply . Yes that correct I drop to 4mg per day for 14 days . I also think a lot at this stage I haven't really stabilised since last reduction two weeks ago . I was just checking that I could convert to liquid and that would work out at 7ml drop each day for 14 days eg 93 ml and so on . I see my doc today I could suggest I drop .5 mg and cut tablet . My doctor is ok it's my psychiatrist I have already put in a complaint about Him as he tried tell me to stop them altogether and that was at 6mg per day , he was so unsympathetic .

Thank you tragaz